January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Of course he could be spending his time and budget on good meals and fine wine, returning to his luxurious hotel to watch 5 minutes on youtube, following links from this and other sites, before cracking open the minibar and inviting the house girls up for business. But perhaps we should first of all assume he's doing what he's paid for, before jumping to other conclusions.

I like the sound of the first scenario though!

We need to do all of our foreign business before the cup game. No penny pinching waiting for the deadline day like the Benteke deal. If they can play in the second leg get them in ASAP.

Edited by PieFacE

Ok but Henke has been on board for 6 months. I expected things lined up for Jan 1 bearing in mind our predicament.

But yeah, he's probably been tossing it off, drinking Hoffmeister and eating Bratwurst for 6 months.

Don't worry! Latest news is that Dale Stephens is a done deal, just we wont unveil him yet because either (A) Backlash from the fans as he's another young player from a lower league or He is being made to train with Charlton as Lambert wants to get rid of Bent before Dale arrives and Bent corrupts him.

Edited by Daniel

Don't worry! Latest news is that Dale Stephens is a done deal, just we wont unveil him yet because either (A) Backlash from the fans as he's another young player from a lower league or He is being made to train with Charlton as Lambert wants to get rid of Bent before Dale arrives and Bent corrupts him.

Frankly right now such is our need I would be happy to sign dale stephens. We need bodies asap.

Ok but Henke has been on board for 6 months. I expected things lined up for Jan 1 bearing in mind our predicament.

But yeah, he's probably been tossing it off, drinking Hoffmeister and eating Bratwurst for 6 months.

Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it's not there. For all we know Henke has found plenty of talent and suggested many players to Lambert but deals are not doable for whatever reason or deals are being sorted out as we speak.

Anyway, we should assume Henke spotted Benteke, which means he's doing a pretty good job and working hard trying to find us players. You seem to have this notion that running a football club and buying players is a simple task. I thought you would have learned by now but nothing would surprise me with you, especially you turning to racial stereotypes when you moan about something that probably isn't a problem in the first place.

Cut the racism out, at the very least.

• Like 2

Are you for real?

Frankly right now such is our need I would be happy to sign dale stephens. We need bodies asap.

we got bodies in last transfer window, we dont NEED bodies and we dont NEED experience. what we need is Quality!

in an ideal world vlaar and petrov return to save us from relegation, one of these wont happen ;)

Marc Muniesa's contract with Barca ends this year. Young 20 year old CB. (yes need experience asap) but could be worth trying.

Mohammed Abu from Vallecano is another who's contract is up, again young (21) but could be the defensive midfielder that fits the young and cheap policy.

Matt Phillip's (Blackpool) contract only runs to end of this year.

Chung-Yong Lee (Bolton) is another.

Liam Bridcutt (Brighton) people have mentioned before.

Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse, 23)

Flamini (Milan, 28)

McDonald Mariga (Inter, 25)

All players mentioned are out of contract come the summer. The point I'm making is not that these players are amazing, it's that this information is readily out there with a quick google search. Someone with more knowledge of foreign leagues then myself (my FM playing hours have dwindled) especially scouts at the club could probably compile a decent list as these players may go for a little bit cheaper than face value due to time left of contract.

I am as shocked as everyone else that we haven't made early moves!

Reported on Sky Italia 20 mins ago

'Giancluca di Marzio at Sky Italia has confirmed Inter have turned down a €10+2M bid from #AVFC for Coutinho

Would be a massive signing if we pulled it off, don't get the price though, meant to be 12m euros??

'Giancluca di Marzio at Sky Italia has confirmed Inter have turned down a €10+2M bid from #AVFC for Coutinho

Would be a massive signing if we pulled it off, don't get the price though, meant to be 12m euros??

10m now and 2m when he hits 50 games so he could be stuck on 48 games for some time. ;)

Possibly €10 million + €2 million if he plays 50 games or gets 10 assists that kind of thing. Chances are if we just gave them a straight up €12 million they would accept it, I don't think the club like the idea of addons based on player performance or appearances as chances are they want to put that money back into the club, they can do more straight away with €12 million than €10 million with the promise of more if he's decent.

I'm guessing that confirms that Villa are giving Lambert more than just £10 million to spend as there is no way Lambert would blow pretty much all the budget on one player if that was the case.

Still need a Centre back (or 2 if Vlaar is a while away) a DM, a CM and a winger/striker too

-----------Guzan

Lowton-Vlaar*-Kjaer-Cavanda

------------Kvist

---Westwood-Stephens

---------Coutinho

----Benteke-Weimann

*Abdoulaye Ba or Toby Alderweireld if we aren't sure about Vlaar coming back ASAP.

could stay up and has more experience than we currently have.

Edited by HalfTimePost