January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Villa_Source chats absolute bollocks, he had about 2 followers the day before the transfer window opened. Some people seem to believe anything they read on Twitter. A lot of these ITK's that people believe end up coming out and saying they are wind up merchants.

On the other hand those quotes from Countinho's agent about us sound promising. If we signed him, don't think the guy by himself would be the answer to our midfield problems, we'd still need a reasonably experienced leader or destroyer in there.

I don't think Julie is on about the Twitter Villa_Source. Or maybe she is. Who knows. I was under the impression it was to do with an article that I dare not mention. I think that ship has well and truly sailed.

http://tinyurl.com/a9saqck

Link to the ES article.

Interesting. For me though we should have been looking to get deals done quickly. I know he is widely ridduculed on here - but could we not have pushed through a quick cheap deal to bring Curtis Davis back here - wouldn't cost much. Hes not the greatest CB in the world - but he is a massive improvement on Clark\Baker\Herd - and he could have been ready to line up v southampton.

Bringing in a player after the Southampton WBA games is tossing away points IMO.

A Villa source tells me you're full of rubbish JulieB. Attention seeking woman. Our clubs a joke right now and you are reveling in nonsense like this, spreading more discontent.

Just go away.

"Attention seeking woman"?

You're from the 70's, right? Haven't seen abuse that crudely sexist for many years.

My sympathies.

• Like 1

Ha ha hope this turns out to be true......will back up all the rumours

ITK__NewsAgent@IKFA__Agent

Reading are to sign Aston Villa's Darren Bent on loan. Bent wants out after a training ground row with boss Paul Lambert. #readingfc #avfc

lol Go Lambert - First time he gagged to press he sent him to train with the kids

Now he's lending him to Reading...after training ground bust up

If there was any truth in this id be fuming. Loaning any player let alone a proven goal scorer to a relegation rival, would be the most stupid thing ive seen Lambert do since he signed Joe Bennett.

We could do with a Spanish and Belgian scout to go with the German.

make that one for holland and belgium combined. Belgium has sold most of it's talent in the last few years, holland is more expensive, but also has a better league and players

Yeah cos Henke has delivered so much. What's he actually doing out there ??

Do you know when Henke joined the club? About 2 weeks before the summer transfer window shut. Once hejoined I'm sure he was given a criteria and type of player we were looking for and sent out to find them players . Did you expect he would have done all that and found the players in 2 weeks?

He's head of European scouting...how do we know the links to Coutinho aren't of his making? I would suggest every European signing we make from now on would have had his input somewhere along the line

Am I right in assuming that any players signed before the Bradford game will be ineligible to play?

Assuming they haven't played for another team in the Capital One Cup then i believe they are eligible to play...

It's a reasonable question.

A reasonable answer would be, it's something with a long lead-in time, don't expect results immediately. Be patient.

Of course he could be spending his time and budget on good meals and fine wine, returning to his luxurious hotel to watch 5 minutes on youtube, following links from this and other sites, before cracking open the minibar and inviting the house girls up for business. But perhaps we should first of all assume he's doing what he's paid for, before jumping to other conclusions.

• Like 1

if its true that la liga players are goin on the cheap, then id like us to sign Rakitic from sevilla & Iborra from levante. This would surely sort out our central midfield crisis.

It's how Swansea got Michu so cheap. Everyone in Spain seemed to know how good he was.