January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

To be fair, a lot of your names have been realistic. But this is Lerner remember.

I am beginning to think Lambert has received some broken promises from when he first signed up with us. Who knows. Maybe the plan was not to spend in January regardless.....But, you have to be flexible in any business if the original formula and plan from the beginning has backfired.

Think Lerner will sell up very soon.

Indeed the man goes from the Sublime to the Ridiculous!!! I trust Lambert to come good for us in the long term I just hope we get back on the right track soon!!

the funny part is if we were ever to sign them calibre of players, people would still moan. no premier league experience, how would they handle a november night in stoke :P

haha Indeed!!! :P

To be fair, a lot of your names have been realistic. But this is Lerner remember.

I am beginning to think Lambert has received some broken promises from when he first signed up with us. Who knows. Maybe the plan was not to spend in January regardless.....But, you have to be flexible in any business if the original formula and plan from the beginning has backfired.

Think Lerner will sell up very soon.

Begs the question - Is Lambert here because he knows what the future holds? Just like O'Neill joined the club under Ellis when he knew what was on the cards.

I love a good conspiracy theory.

I still do believe that if Lambert can stress the importance of a player he wanted, he would be able to convince Randy to spend a little over 6m.

For example he may suggest that buying two lower league players for 4/5m each, is not going to be as beneficial to the squad as say one quality player for 8/9m. I'd like to believe this anyway :)

Fiorentina just got Giuseppe Rossi for about £10m. Surely they don't need Guidetti now?

Rossi isnt fit until March though and has barely played in 2 years. Apparently was in a swedish newspaper as City are chasing a player from there and Fiorentina want Guidetti as bait

The ultimate undoing of this Football club will be our transfer market dealings.

Whether we go for youth.... whether we learn towards Experience or both.

We need to sign players who have an EFFECT on performances and Results, as the main criteria.

I think with 4 managers and c 6/7 years later you can count on one hand( metaphorically speaking) those that have had a major effect, despite us spending millions.

We have simply under performed in the Transfer Market and we will pay the ulimate price.

Ps If you check on our performances one player had a major effect on us dropping down the pecking order.... We never replaced Paul Merson.We have had many midfielders come and go but no one had the guile, ball control and ability to change a game in the manner he could.We simply became predicatable and workman like when he went.... ironically the magic man, took the magic with him.

Edited by TRO

Imagine this midfield

Petrov

Milner Barry

Downing Young

good thing we got back 69 million from them to help balance the books on the rest of the shit we bought.

Ive said it before and will say again, why do people keep pushing guidetti so much? I've never seen him play as I'd imagine most people haven't (or at least not on a consistent basis)... But yet he is meant to be our saviour!! He is no where near the city first team, and not played in prem and never set Dutch league on fire, so genuine question why will he be a great signing? (loan or permanent)

Douglas would be good for CB if his wages aren't too bad. Also he is getting Dutch citizenship and So the chance to partner Vlaar, who he could also partner for the Dutch team could enticing for him.

Douglas is very overrated. He has his Dutch passport already btw so a work permit is not an issue anymore. He is however extremely error prone and just lacks concentration. He had a brilliant season two years ago but has fallen back to his usual mistakes to when he first joined Twente. He has already been overshadowed by youngsters Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi who are picked ahead of him in the Dutch national team. Vlaar is also a better player and is preferred to Douglas in the squad.

Douglas is maybe worth a gamble if you can get him on a free transfer this summer. He is approximately earning 525.000 Euro's per season at Twente.

Ive said it before and will say again, why do people keep pushing guidetti so much? I've never seen him play as I'd imagine most people haven't (or at least not on a consistent basis)... But yet he is meant to be our saviour!! He is no where near the city first team, and not played in prem and never set Dutch league on fire, so genuine question why will he be a great signing? (loan or permanent)

Something like 15 games 18 goals for Feyenoord, maybe someone can correct me, but it was a very decent return for someone so young.

Point out where someone said he was our saviour. Just someone saying if we are looking towards loans, then maybe we can get him if Bent does leave.

Edited by Daniel

I would'nt have a scoobie doo who to sign and judging by our record neither does the club in recent times.

There are oodles of players world wide its just finding them....and while we are at work, they have all day every day to think about it... not to mention the information streams...so why should we know.

Some managers/scouts are much better than others, its just seems that from Saunders-Taylor mk 1- Little-Gregory- Atkinson we have gradually gone down hill in that department.

we sign Bent they sign Suarez... for roughly the same money.... not rocket science is it.

We are just dud & predictable in the transfer market....piss poor.

Edited by TRO