January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

JulieB agree on Ireland, the guy is Grade A shirker.

As for Bowery yes he's played ok but just doesn't look like a striker at all, not that he's been played up front down the middle .

Could people please try reading the title of the thread before posting and stop and think if what they are going to post has anything at all to do with transfer speculation. If not, try a more appropriate thread or start one if need be but can we please keep this on topic and civil.

Thanks

so glad that Vlaar could be available for tomorrows game and agree it would be like a new signing in itself :D I've been following this thread for the last few weeks now and it seems that no 3 villa fans can agree on one thing, just shows you how hard it is for the manager if the fans cant even agree on things. I like most villans want some signings but a few posters have hit the nail on the head as we've been left in a place its gonna be hard for PL to get out of i.e signing players for the sake of it and putting them on STUPID wages and not even to play 1 premier league game (Beye) for instance. Lerner has put a hell of alot of money into our club and seen no return in success as of yet, so it doesn't suprise me he's being a little cautious. Just hope we can shift some of the DEADWOOD and get some extra funds, but if they're deadwood for us then they are for other clubs too otherwise those loanee clubs would of taken them on a permanent basis. I really think PL is the right man to get us going in the right direction but its not going to happen quickly. VTiD

All this no money stuff is a smokescreen IMHO

No way would Lerner say no money. Would make zero sense

Go on, I'll humour you, a smokescreen for what? For actually doing some business? What would that achieve?

Old news, but still get pissed off for that.

Its horse shit. He was never "offered" to us, he was recomended to us by jpa but we didnt follow it up. Yes its annoying, but he wasnt offered to us on a plate.

Its horse shit. He was never "offered" to us, he was recomended to us by jpa but we didnt follow it up. Yes its annoying, but he wasnt offered to us on a plate.

How about from River Plate? :) Sorry, if we still did yellow cards I would give myself one :)

I hope to God they aren't playing this tin-pot beggar card to save a million pounds or so.

Yes, to me and you that's silly money, but we need to look at this in perspective.

The cost of being relegated is £34m, assuming we come straight back up (£45m PL TV Money we would get, minus the £1m Championship TV money and the Parachute Payment of £10m). We need 21 more points to guarantee safety, from 17 games. Every win between now and May is therefore worth £4.8m, every draw, around £1.6m. Those stakes are only going to keep increasing as the games tick down.

So to hold off on bringing in a player who could have real impact, to maybe get him cheaper in a few games' time, is unpardonably short-sighted of the club.

No manager is going to tell the market that he has a large transfer budget. PL has said he wants to strengthen, but has also said that he hates getting random agents constantly pitching shit players to him.

I'm sure he's got some targets identified, otherwise there's no point in paying Henke's salary, and we'll see 2 or 3 new faces in this month.

They may not be Couthino or Lescott, but I'm hoping they add some quality and resolve to our fragile team.