January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Not sure whether the lack of transfer goss is a good or bad thing? We all know Lambert prefers a certain discretion when dealing with potential targets.

Would have preferred the Coutinho interest to have gone by unnoticed for sure (if accurate or true). Agents, eh?

Not sure whether the lack of transfer goss is a good or bad thing? We all know Lambert prefers a certain discretion when dealing with potential targets.

Would have preferred the Coutinho interest to have gone by unnoticed for sure (if accurate or true). Agents, eh?

Not just Agents, agents in Italy. A country defined by its inability to keep its beak shut.

Edited by B.Robinson

That's what concerns me. We've known for ages we need reinforcements yet nothing is being done quickly enough

Where is the urgency ???

I understand your concern but you seem so sure that nothing is going on, can you enlighten me on the ins and outs of Villa at the moment. Can you confirm that we havent actually gone for a player? Can you confirm we are currently not in talks with a player ?

No you cant. Its not as simple as we need reinforcements and then bam you have them in. You draw up a shortlist and try to bring them in, if the selling club is playing hardball or doesnt want to sell you have to rethink.

So Jonas Olsson has a release clause in his contract does he? He would be great to have. If we signed him, Kvist and Finnbogason that would be scandi-tastic.

Jonas Olsson has a release clause in his contract, but it only is for a few clubs. Clubs that are named in his contract/clause. I dont think we are one of them...

All according swedish newspaper Expressen, they had a article on it about a week ago.

I understand your concern but you seem so sure that nothing is going on, can you enlighten me on the ins and outs of Villa at the moment. Can you confirm that we havent actually gone for a player? Can you confirm we are currently not in talks with a player ?

No you cant. Its not as simple as we need reinforcements and then bam you have them in. You draw up a shortlist and try to bring them in, if the selling club is playing hardball or doesnt want to sell you have to rethink.

Facts are the facts, Jan 10. No business concluded .

Disappoint.

M'Vila would be perfect but you have to think long time suitors Arsenal would be his likely destination. Definitely worth an attempt if the staff didn't think we would be immediately rebuffed.

Lambert's top two targets - defender and centre mid - haven't been secured. I think if there isn't progress on the signing front the manager might be finally forced to speak out rather than take stick for not signing the players everyone knows the team requires!

Stephens is 100 per cent non-starter. They wanted too much for him in the summer and that hans't changed! It is doesn't improve the manager might have to start looking at his third and fourth options which obviously isn't good!

I really hope Lambert speaks out if he's not able to get his targets due to RL and PF

100 per cent correct. well, pretty much. There has been contact but players requested are too expensive - even although they aren't really. Top players have been identified but the club aren't willing to spend. Disappointment, of course. But not the manager's fault!

I think it is the managers fault tbh he had the whole of the summer to assess the squad and sign players everybody knows how expensive players are in the January window and how you get held to ransom because clubs know your desperate like we are at the minute

Edited by AshVilla

Jonas Olsson has a release clause in his contract, but it only is for a few clubs. Clubs that are named in his contract/clause. I dont think we are one of them...

All according swedish newspaper Expressen, they had a article on it about a week ago.

but doubt QPR is as well

Facts are the facts, Jan 10. No business concluded .

Disappoint.

What a wonderful post.

If the question was have we made any signings, your answer may well be correct. But considering I was picking up on your "where is the urgency remark", and shared your concern but asked whether you knew that we hadnt attempted to sign someone, or are mid way through a deal, because if you dont know that you cant question the urgency.

Also, thanks for the heads up, I never realised a fact was a fact.

If we are to be going into a frenzy whenever we don't appear to be in for a player who QPR are allegedly in for, it's going to be a very, very long transfer window. Might I remind people what blabbering hog-like media-whore is currently serving as their manager?

Maybe Lambert is looking for the next Martin Laursen and Olof Mellburg or an Ian Taylor

Not the kind of players who get a phone call from an agent & to say X club are interested in signing you & the first thing out

of their mouth is - "how much they offering?"

Maybe he's looking for the ones who get on their ipad if they don't know us & google Aston Villa, Lambert, Norwich, Borussia Dortmund

& think - do you know what I'd love to work under this coach - his record to date is amazing.

Does it matter whose on the pitch tomorrow - if we've loaned 2 of Bradford's lads for the day - that would do me. as long as they're

giving it 110% on the pitch!

I wasn't going to go as I said but on suspecting there's been a possible shake up at BMH - i've changed my mind

I'd much rather be there singing loud & proud doing my bit to support the team 110% than sitting on a message board moaning

The Villa fans were amazing on Wednesday 7,000 of them - you could hardly hear yourself think. We must be the loudest of any

other away support & never give up!

It's our 1st cup final tomorrow of the season - why not go!

No one expected us to win at Norwich in the Cup - it was 4 -1 cos the fans were determined to out sing the home support

And you could see the players apprectiated it.

UTV