January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

If we've bid, its because there has been encouragement from the player in some way.

So the impossible brigade can do one. It is possible.

And you honestly think Lambert doesn't know we need defensive reinforcements too? Of course he does.

Be glad we can afford to bid £9m on a player that isnt a massive priority (yet still required), because it means we probably do have some serious money to spend.

Southampton is a big game but the season hangs on getting this window right, not getting one game right.

And if we haven't made a bid?

It is just as likely it is the players agent telling porkies to flush out interest for his player.

I won't be holding my breath over this signing.

And if we haven't made a bid?

It is just as likely it is the players agent telling porkies to flush out interest for his player.

I won't be holding my breath over this signing.

If I was going to tell porkies I'd probably pick better clubs than Villa and Southampton if my client had the potential of Coutinho

Need a CB LB and if there is anything left after that an experienced CM wouldnt go astray.

Shipping goals is the issue - with Weimann and Benteke we will score goals but we need to sure up the defense first

If we've bid, its because there has been encouragement from the player in some way.

So the impossible brigade can do one. It is possible.

And you honestly think Lambert doesn't know we need defensive reinforcements too? Of course he does.

Be glad we can afford to bid £9m on a player that isnt a massive priority (yet still required), because it means we probably do have some serious money to spend.

Southampton is a big game but the season hangs on getting this window right, not getting one game right.

The impossible brigade? How about we have no interest and his agent is just letting everyone else know he wants a move?

Villa are not going to say either way so its easy for the agent.

If I was going to tell porkies I'd probably pick better clubs than Villa and Southampton if my client had the potential of Coutinho

Yes but like all good lies there is probably a nugget of truth.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have inquired about him (and a load of other players) but the agent has used that to run to the press and try to start a bidding war, making up bids and offers etc.

Its not just his agent talking though is it? There are reports of an actual bid. His agent mentioned a bid but said there's nothing concrete in Inter letting him go as i read it.

I cant guarantee if any of this is completely accurate but I wouldnt be suprised.

Nobody could argue that this squad is anything like complete so obviously we need to get some players in and good players at that.

That wont be lost on anybody including Lerner.

Look at the fuss that was made over Benteke. Now imagine a Brazilian flair player? Its not only good for the team, it's good for business.

And again, we're not talking about Neymar, we're talking about a player just starting to make a name for himself and not even an Inter regular at all.

• Like 2

I think it would be a good move all round. Lerner gets to show he is serious, Lambert gives the team a boost of confidence, the fans see a glimmer of hope and the player gets to show what he can do on a regular basis in a popular league.

If it all worked out and he did will in the prem then we wouldnt be able to hold on to him but if hes with us for a year or so (helping avoid relegation and win a cup along the way) and we double our money then its very good business.

Everyone at villa knows we need defenders and a defensive midfielder so im sure that if this did happen it wouldnt be the priority signing and there would obviously be more money available to fill those places too. If we sign a defender first i will worry that its our only dealings this window but if we sign coutinho first then i will be expecting 2 or 3 faces to follow.

I hope it happens but cant see it if i'm honest. We live in hope. UTV

Its not just his agent talking though is it? There are reports of an actual bid. His agent mentioned a bid but said there's nothing concrete in Inter letting him go as i read it.

I cant guarantee if any of this is completely accurate but I wouldnt be suprised.

Nobody could argue that this squad is anything like complete so obviously we need to get some players in and good players at that.

That wont be lost on anybody including Lerner.

Look at the fuss that was made over Benteke. Now imagine a Brazilian flair player? Its not only good for the team, it's good for business.

And again, we're not talking about Neymar, we're talking about a player just starting to make a name for himself and not even an Inter regular at all.

cheers for the update - £9M bid turned down according to a few tweets - but maybe we'll go back

I used to come on VT for ITK. Now I come on to either read abuse or gestapo like interrogations of any ITK that's posted!!

"How do u know this" - "You're mad conspiracy theories" "burn her"

This is not the 100% Guaranteed, Without Fail, Source provided thread - Perhaps the mods can oblige??!!

Guys like I said - it's a speculation thread on a message board...Chill!!

Someat's bin going on a BMH I would think because a player we've signed has been training with his old club

until it's all announced. Hopefully today I would think & we've at least one more signing.

I wasn't going to go tomorrow as I was so gutted after driving all the way to Bradford & back.

But I am because I think we'll see a performance tomorrow like we've seen glimpses of

like at Anfield.

Lambert is a coach as well as a manager & if he can take a lad from Chesterfield for goodness sake

who they called Bambi on Ice - Like Heskey but worse & with the coaching staff & his 100%

positive outlook - so that he gets a standing ovation on his first start in the Premier Lgue,

what can he do for AVFC.

Now if you compare that to who literally got booed off because he was that bad for Wigan....

maybe a few personalities just needed sorted or got rid of so that we can have a Norwich dressing room

Look at Norwich - none of the team Lambert had their have wanted a bigger move - they're living the

dream & they're happy. Chris Hughton knows that he's praised Lambert on many occasions.

So I think he's helped settle the dispute between the two clubs & the wound has healed a little.

Look at Bradford, how good were those lads giving 110% for their team & they've beaten Arsenal & Villa etc

They played really really well. Cos they had a team spirit!

Maybe we haven't - but it's not saying we won't from now on & we'll get better!

cheers for the update - £9M bid turned down according to a few tweets - but maybe we'll go back

I used to come on VT for ITK. Now I come on to either read abuse or gestapo like interrogations of any ITK that's posted!!

"How do u know this" - "You're mad conspiracy theories" "burn her"

This is not the 100% Guaranteed, Without Fail, Source provided thread - Perhaps the mods can oblige??!!

Guys like I said - it's a speculation thread on a message board...Chill!!

Someat's bin going on a BMH I would think because a player we've signed has been training with his old club

until it's all announced. Hopefully today I would think & we've at least one more signing.the Stevie G of the

Championship - just like Westwood maybe he'll come in & surprise a few.

I wasn't going to go tomorrow as I was so gutted after driving all the way to Bradford & back.

I am now!!

But I am because I think we'll see a performance tomorrow like we've seen glimpses of

like at Anfield.

Lambert is a coach as well as a manager & if he can take a lad from Chesterfield for goodness sake

who they called Bambi on Ice - Like Heskey but worse & with the coaching staff & his 100%

positive outlook - so that he gets a standing ovation on his first start in the Premier Lgue,

what can he do for AVFC.

Now if you compare that to who literally got booed off because he was that bad for Wigan....

maybe a few personalities just needed sorted or got rid of so that we can have a Norwich dressing room

Look at Norwich - none of the team Lambert had their have wanted a bigger move - they're living the

dream & they're happy. Chris Hughton knows that he's praised Lambert on many occasions.

So I think he's helped settle the dispute between the two clubs & the wound has healed a little.

Look at Bradford, how good were those lads giving 110% for their team & they've beaten Arsenal & Villa etc

They played really really well. Cos they had a team spirit!

Maybe we haven't - but it's not saying we won't from now on & we'll get better!

So we bid yet Pete Colley says were not interested?

Strange. Someones telling porkies. Regardless.. we wont get him.

Surely we should have made our enquries before the window even opened? Concerning that we havent brought anyone in for Soton. Hes got faith in his kids.