January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Just six weeks until the transfer window opens...it's looking more and more likely that Bent, Warnock, Hutton, Dunne and possibly Shay Given will all be sold...

How much money do you think Lerner will free up in addition to fees accrued?

What position do you think needs to be addressed most?

I'd like to try and make a loan move for someone like Daniel Sturridge, especially if we're shifting Bent.

A midfield boss is paramount though...I hate to say it, but a player like Joey Barton would do the trick nicely.

If we ship out Given - we will need a keeper. If we ship out Bent, we will need a striker. If we ship out the others on your list, the squad is bare enough to say we will need some sort of replacement. Simply put, any one of them leaving, will need to be replaced like for like in my opinion.

We are a couple of injuries away from being a 'car crash plummet' over a cliff.

If Joey Barton came to this club, I would boycott the stadium and return my season ticket. Sorry, the guy is a Mark 1 Nut Job and does not deserve to wear our beautiful club colours and sully our illustrious footballing name. Don't get me wrong, I am all for giving people a second chance, and sometimes, very rarely, a third chance. However, he's had more chances than a game of monopoly, and more chances than a certain Abba record. His wages must be pretty high too having been embraced by moneybags QPR.

I do not really have another name for you as a midfield boss - but for me, Barton is like a dog's turd on the end of a sharp stick. Nasty on the outside, and even more dangerous on the inside.

I am hoping that January is going to be of positive interest to us - and I would bank on there being a bit of movement if we are still so close to the bottom three.

Highly probable that if fit, bent will move on in Jan. I think that Lambert will prioritise as follows:-

1.Young striker - up to around £6m

2.Centre Back

3.Midfielder

Priorities of midfielder and CB will depend on the form of Clark and Westwood. - Westwood has had a couple of decent games hence the lower priority at the moment.

How much money do you think Lerner will free up in addition to fees accrued?

Not much - the usual Jan is not a good time for buying will be the club message at this point.

What position do you think needs to be addressed most?

Wide players, CM and if Bent leaves another striker.

I'd like to see the backs of N'Zogbia, Warnock, Hutton and Dunne.

Should we get rid of them, I'd like us to sign another creative, tricky player to offer us a different option to Gabby/Weimann in their inside forward roles - in the Ashley Young mould. And also a CB.

If we were to also get rid of Given and Bent - we'd have freed up quite a lot of wages and potentially cash to spend.

I too would gladly see the back of NZogbia, Bent, Given, Hutton, Warnock and Dunne, but I don't think many, if any, will be sold in January. The danger is that we could end up selling one of these players to a team like QPR who could then overtake us in the race for survival.

I too would gladly see the back of NZogbia, Bent, Given, Hutton, Warnock and Dunne, but I don't think many, if any, will be sold in January. The danger is that we could end up selling one of these players to a team like QPR who could then overtake us in the race for survival.

The only player I could see helping them would be Bent and their problems run way deeper than just a lack of goals.

I would like to see us going for someone like Wilfried Zaha. Fits in with Lambert's philosophy and would show intent in the transfer market. Palace chairman Steve Parish has quoted a price of 20m with Arsenal and Liverpool apparently interested but i can't see Liverpool having that kind of money and Arsenal have already got similar players. However, Ferguson could be a real dark horse in this if Nani is sold?

Personally i don't think Zaha will fetch anywhere near that with a bid more in the region of 12m with add ons could suffice. We'd be the perfect club for him and he would play on a regular basis but could we entice him to come to us?

I'd keep our strikers and purchase a quality DM if our new German scout can find him. If we're not going to sell Dunne then we don't need another CB at the moment but we do need a bit more quality in the LB position. I'd go for Olsson with two of Bennett, Lichaj, or Stevens out on loan.

Three in for me then to strengthen our weaknesses in width, DM and LB with N'Zogbia, Delph, Fonz, Warnock and Hutton sold if we can find a buyer. I'd definitely keep Given in case Guzan picks up an injury and then sell him at the end of the season when we're hopefully safe.

For me:

Out

Duune £500k

Warnock £750k

Hutton £800k

Shay Given £2m

Darren Bent £15m

In

George Long £800k (Sheffield United young Keeper to play 2nd fiddle with Siegrist)

Kyle Naughton £2m

Bruno Martins Indi £4m (Young Feyenoord Centre Back)

Marco Van Ginkel £6m (Am from Vitesse)

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang £8m (Forward from Saint-Ettiene)

Nampalys Mendy £3m (Dm from Monaco)

Antoine Griezmann £8m (Winger from Sociedad)

That would see us through the season and into the next couple in my opinion....

Net spend of around 12m and then in the summer we wouldn't need to spend that much really....

Probably ignore this post :3 It's kinda Fifa/FM ish

The only player I could see helping them would be Bent and their problems run way deeper than just a lack of goals.

The thing is, a lot of those players have some serious ability, but just haven't been able to fit into our club as we would wish. NZogbia has it in him to be a good player, as does Bent, Given and Dunne, they just arent needed under the current manager. I could see them flourishing elsewhere, which is fine, just as long as it's not at QPR, Reading, Sunderland or Southampton.

For me:

Out

Duune £500k

Warnock £750k

Hutton £800k

Shay Given £2m

Darren Bent £15m

If only it were that simple. Habib Beye (and others) have taught us that players on high wages aren't easy to shift.

I don't think Given will go. Summer, probably (assuming he doesn't somehow get back in the team) but not January. We'd need to replace him if he went.

Same with Dunne. I don't think he'll go.

Bent is possible, but again we'd need to replace him, so think he might stay.

As for

a player like Joey Barton would do the trick nicely

If Joey Barton is the answer I don't want to know what the **** question is. We (or any other club) do not need a player like Joey Barton. I dont' for one second think Lambert is stupid enough to sign him (and he's only just gone to Marseille anyway) but if he did, I'd be very very unhappy.

I would like to see us going for someone like Wilfried Zaha. Fits in with Lambert's philosophy and would show intent in the transfer market. Palace chairman Steve Parish has quoted a price of 20m with Arsenal and Liverpool apparently interested but i can't see Liverpool having that kind of money and Arsenal have already got similar players. However, Ferguson could be a real dark horse in this if Nani is sold?

Personally i don't think Zaha will fetch anywhere near that with a bid more in the region of 12m with add ons could suffice. We'd be the perfect club for him and he would play on a regular basis but could we entice him to come to us?

I'd keep our strikers and purchase a quality DM if our new German scout can find him. If we're not going to sell Dunne then we don't need another CB at the moment but we do need a bit more quality in the LB position. I'd go for Olsson with two of Bennett, Lichaj, or Stevens out on loan.

Three in for me then to strengthen our weaknesses in width, DM and LB with N'Zogbia, Delph, Fonz, Warnock and Hutton sold if we can find a buyer. I'd definitely keep Given in case Guzan picks up an injury and then sell him at the end of the season when we're hopefully safe.

No chance on Zaha he expects to be playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid

Midfield is a massive priority

You just need to look across the midlands at the baggies and the midfield they have and it really is chalk and cheese

I think we may end up shopping in the lower leagues again or abroad for cheap players i doubt established quality premiership players such as Sturridge will want to join us we will not offer rediculous wages and i doubt they will want to join a club which will be fighting relegation for the majority of the season