Favourite city?

Xela

Just come back from Copenhagen and thought it was a lovely place. Very pretty and lots to do. The Danish people are so friendly. Good nightlife as well and its not as expensive as people make it out to be.

did you go see the Mermaid ... did you know it's only a copy , the original is locked away somewhere ... seems a bit of a swizz really ,

^^ what did you make of the train journey over to Malmo ?

did you go see the Mermaid ... did you know it's only a copy , the original is locked away somewhere ...

Wasn't aware of that. I assume a museum that you can visit?

Internet says no, the original statue is at an "undisclosed location" and not for the public. It's probably a good thing too because it seems that the Danes really enjoy vandalising the statue.

I really want to go to travelling but with only £2100 to my name that is going to be very difficult. How are you guys funding your travels? Years of saving? Or is there a cheap loophole i dont know about?

i do all my own trips , £2100 would get me a long way , book hotels with bookings.com and Skyscanner is your friend for finding decent flight ideas , though it does miss some airlines

building next years trip as we speak

Kuwait * - Bangladesh * - Ceylon * - BKK - Macau - Nanking - Shanghai

should keep me out of trouble for 13 days :D but only 3 new countries * so I'm going to have to go some later in the year

Venlo (and nearby Arcen) is a favourite. You've got the river Maas and Kasteeltuinen...

kasteeltuinen_arcen.jpg

...the greatest pancake house in the known universe...

2287-6512.jpg

...and an awesome record store...

sounds.jpg

...plus you're a short drive to Germany if that takes your fancy.

i do all my own trips , £2100 would get me a long way , book hotels with bookings.com and Skyscanner is your friend for finding decent flight ideas , though it does miss some airlines

building next years trip as we speak

Kuwait * - Bangladesh * - Ceylon * - BKK - Macau - Nanking - Shanghai

should keep me out of trouble for 13 days :D but only 3 new countries * so I'm going to have to go some later in the year

Isn't Ceylon an old country? ;) I presume you're referring to Sri Lanka? If so - I've been twice :P

Nanking

Nanjing ;)

If we are being internet pedants, it's actually 南京 :P

There is no exact science for translating words between alphabets, as the sounds don't always correlate. That is why there are half a dozen variations of the spelling of the name Mohammed.

I'm surprised you have yet to add Bangladesh to your list Tony.

tbh I've yet to hear anyone say a good word about the place so I've never really made the effort , just thought I'd do it this time around as Sri Lanka is sorta close enough and the flights work

NV ... I will be taping you up for some info nearer the time , will probably aim for Ruhuna or Wilpattu National parks and try and see leopards & tigers

• Like 1

New York. I am going again next week for 4 days. Christmas time is a great time to be in New York. This will be my fifth trip there and I will never get tired of the place. There's so much more to do and see than the usual stuff too!

San Francisco. Some of the sights are amazing. I love the cable cars/street cars there too. Not to mention the old Alcatraz prison! That place is unbelievable. I went on the guided tour to Alcatraz and I found it fascinating. I originally visited Hollywood/Los Angeles which was amazing but my visit to San Francisco was a nice break from LA.

I've been to quite a few of the bigger or more popular cities in various states of America and these two are definitely among my favourites. An honourable mention for Las Vegas too! Like many of you, I've been to some very nice places around Europe as well BUT I have a big soft spot for America.

Â