• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • El Ahmadi (for Ireland 79)
    • Holman (for Weimann 80)
    • Delph (for Bannan 87)

It's all so horribly, horribly inevitable. Made even worse by the hope of actually getting the win for once.

Never mind, they were probably the better side on the balance and it's not like we lost the points because we were **** by the referee, as we have been so many times in the past.

Proud of the boys in C&B, they all played well today. Onwards and upwards!

If we had played like that against pretty much any other team in the league we would've got something out of that.

When Ferguson made the substitution we didn't react. Inexperience and poor managerial decisions has cost us yet again. Fantastic effort though by the players but yet another Groundhog Day and until we get the right manager in place our record against Man U will continue.

We've been doing this kind of shit for decades under tons of different managers. You can't use this as a stick to beat Lambert witch. Ridiculous.

Westwood (4) - Was he playing? Should have been subbed at 60 minutes.

Agree with Stevo on this - harsh would be an understatement! He had an excellent first half. He sees passes, chooses the right ones, and executes them well. The main area of his game that needs to approve is how he plays when we're under pressure, as it does seem like he goes missing at times; so I wouldn't necessarily disagree that taking him off after around 60 would have been a good idea. However, he looks very creative and we were still having a go, so he could have played a part in us clawing it back again all the same. He'll develop and looks very promising, in my opinion. Not deserving of such a low rating today.

Sorry, what did he do exactly?

Everything he's there for. He's not an attacking player.

He defended from midfield, was composed in possession, fed the other midfielders, broke up play,won the ball.

He was very good. One of our best players today I'd say.

That's Villa and Man Utd all over isn't it? I think yet again we are top of the league table of losing points from winnings positions, they are the opposite of course.

But it was a decent, exciting performance from us - I'd almost say dynamic especially going forward. Gutting as it is to lose, we didn't half give it a decent go with a very inexperienced team.

I think there is a good balance to the side at the moment with the formation we are playing, especially with Weimann and Gabby tracking back like fanatics. Lowton is really looking solid and I like the way that Lambert is using Bannan - and Bannan is really responding.

The forward players are starting to click with each other now. Ireland and Benteke seem to be on a similar wavelength and Gabby/Andi run the channels with pace - it's a good combination and the United defence were all at sea for quite a bit of the match.

It's just inexperience, lack of composure and and bloody cruel luck that did for us today.

The Scholes backpass, Weimann's bullet header and Ireland's shot that missed a deflection of Gabby's arse all could have brought a different result, but hopefully the players will go into next week feeling confident despite the result.

Sorry, what did he do exactly?

Lots of interceptions, lots of running & closing down of Scholes in particular. First half we really restricted supply to Van Persie and Rooney and alot of that was due to Bannan & Westwood pressuring Utd's midfield.

Please explain to me what else we have from that, that is visible on the league table.

Looking only at the effect on the league table right now is your problem.

There's 1-0 loss where you show absolutely no desire and where on another day you'd have been thumped 4-0. And there's a 3-2 loss (still 1 goal difference) where you create chances and on another day you'd have taken all three points.

Just because the result is the same doesn't mean everything. The evaluation of the performance is how you determine what's going to happen over the rest of the season.

The problem is that Man U, when they go 2-0 down, believe they can come back and win it. The much bigger problem is the opposition believe they can too.

Having said that, a great effort from everyone today, the system worked well. We gave them a good game. Benteke led the line brilliantly. Stevens will learn from his mistakes.

Bring on Man city.

loved the effort and fact we had a go, but its more points dropped from a winning position. it's not like its anything new this season either. southampton, newcastle, norwich. we even managed to blow a 2-0 lead against swindon before getting a last minute winner.

it's something lambert needs to sort out quick. it's all well and good saying well we battled hard, were unlucky, lot's of positives and it will all click soon etc. we've been saying that all season and yet we are still just outside the relegation zone.

we were at home and 2-0 up. and we lost. it's getting very depressing.

Don't forget the fact that Manure fucktards are masters of coming from behind - we're not only team they've come from behind to win. There are a lot of positives to take from this game. Bring on ManCity, Arsenal and Reading.

So so predicable. So predictable that I stopped listening after the second goal went in. Logged in just now expecting a scoreline of 2-3 and promptly got it. They do this more to us than any other team in the league, and please bear in mind that's WITHOUT claret and blue specs on.

Yeah we lost so we are not going to be exactly happy, but there is soo much to take from a performance like this. Benteke was an absolute beast. His demolition of Chris Smalling for the opening goal reminded me of Jonah Lomu destroying the Underwoods.

What I am most happy about is that we seem to have found a system that works. Things are only going to get better.

Â