• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • El Ahmadi (for Ireland 79)
    • Holman (for Weimann 80)
    • Delph (for Bannan 87)

why did our players slow down to walking pace after the second goal?

we did well to score 2 against 12 men ( as per normal against the plastic mancs) but the times we SHOULD chop one of their players down and give a yellow , we dont and then we get shitty silly yellows for **** all

our subs did **** all when they came on., el hamadi passed the ball backwards and lost it, that was his contribution, oh and giving away the free kick for their goalo pissed

im pissed off that yet again 2-0 is wiped out by a simple substitution

lowton was my man of the match

the marking for the third goal was criminal. Hernandez didnt even make a good run, he just moved and nobody else did. You have to follow the runners its schoolboy stuff. his first two were lucky, he miscontrolled the ball for his first and totally muffed his shot for the second. im so pissed off

Annoying when people say that was a great performance.... We freaking lost!

It's even worse the fact we managed to score two goals and then still throw it all away.... That's not good at all! Especially when we are where we are.

Pathetic performance overall. All we have got from that is an even worse goal difference. Yippee.

I would be gutted if United weren't so annoyingly predicable. Not just against us, but they've been doing this all season.

I was very pleased with Stevens. Before the game I was worried that Valencia would tear him a new one, but he played well.

We need a psychological coach.

Maybe but in most cases United will always have a comeback.

We Just move on now I guess, if we perform like we did against United today am I the only one thinking we could get something out of that (City) game? I honestly think we could get something if we played like we did today.

Was really disappointed with the pessimism of many fans in the match thread, not that I'm too surprised. I'm not usually optimistic myself, and obviously United are a great team and there was a lot of fear that we might lose, but we played well overall and have so much to take from that game. Against most other teams that performance would have earned us a very comfortable victory. I just think it's a shame that the attitude of some of our fans is so negative, and would hate to think that this would also be the atmosphere at Villa Park.

We have a talented, young and enthusiastic side, with a manager who is capable and wants to play the right way. Despite the result, today proved this above all. Let's get behind them, and we'll soon be out of the relegation scrap. After that, the only way is up. Villa are going in the right direction, which is such a good feeling after last season.

• Like 1

would like to see them again on MOTD but I think 2 of their goals game from free kicks that never were .. not an excuse that's just football annoying as it is

We had them rocking at 2-0 but at 2-1 you knew there would only be one winner

but we seem to be progressing and assuming we can get a 12m+ for Bent in Jan i'd be interested to see where Lambert spends it

Annoying when people say that was a great performance.... We freaking lost!

It's even worse the fact we managed to score two goals and then still throw it all away.... That's not good at all! Especially when we are where we are.

Pathetic performance overall. All we have got from that is an even worse goal difference. Yippee.

It was a good performance and there's no denying that. It was the result that was poor.

Gutted is an understatement. Looking on the bright side, we gave them a game, which is more than the majority of us thought before kick off. If only Weimanns header had gone in to make it 3 it could have been oh so different! Hopefully we can build on this performance and start moving in the right direction.

We need a psychological coach.

I actually thought our attitude after the equaliser was good. We were still willing to get on with it and have a go at them. Unfortunately, United are one of the best teams on the planet, are fighting to stay on top of the league, and were really getting into the game and hitting their stride at that point. I don't think we need a psychological coach at all.

Gutted.

It always happens. 5 times out of the last 10 times we've played them we've gone ahead and not won.

Had a cheeky tenner on Man U to win after our 2nd at 15/2, it's beyond predictable now.

Some great performances though, Benteke looks immense, Vlaar is awesome. I can't see us staying at this end of the table for long if we keep playing like that.

Hard to feel positive after seeing that happen again.

But it was a very good performance. Benteke so impressive at winning the 50-50s and holding up the ball, as well as awareness demonstrate with the assist for first goal. Westwood + Bannan also did well against much more experienced players, breaking up play, though Bannan sometimes slack with passes. Ireland looked good and Weimann should get a lot of confidence from that, was a real threat coming in off the wing. We have the makings of a good team there. Just need to perform like that against everyone.

It's just when your opposition has Rooney, Van Persie and Hernandez, they only need one of them to have a good day and you're in trouble. Today it was Hernandez.

Â