Weekends football 10/11 November

andykeenan

he's really raw, next in a very long line of overrated young english players who by the age of 21 will have "made it" and no doubt pick up around £60k a week

dont know why we as a nation do it, so desperate for everyone to be amazing and then hammer them when they arent

The problem with young english players is that there doesn't seem to be anyone in teams to teach them to hone their skills and gain creativity.

Yup, some complacency yet again from Barça and now they're having to step it up a notch against a reinvigorated home side. Although it's certainly entertaining to watch, I'm not quite sure why they continue to press the wing-backs so far up the pitch when they're comfortably ahead. One of the few more noticable differences between Guardiola and Vilanova is that the latter can be more direct and less cautious at times.

Cracking line from Football Weekly today:

In a single half John Terry manages to score a goal and get seriously injured. Embittered Chelsea fans are left wondering why Torres cant do at least one of these.

Some listener, forgot his name instantly though.

FWIW, Torres has scored 11 in his last 23 for Chelsea. I'd be happy if we had a striker with that ratio, but I guess people expect more from a £50m player.

Â