£190k return on £11 stake

BOF

6ftehj.jpg

Verified by William Hill and @fieldridge is the guy on twitter.

Punter Teaches William Hill How To Turn £11 Into £190k

Punter Teaches William Hill How To Turn £11 Into £190k

A 25 year old man from Surrey was the toast of the town after his £11 Champions League bet transformed into a mammoth £189,597.50 as Chelsea bagged their 94th minute winner against Shakhtar.

The lucky punter correctly selected four correct scores from Wednesday night's matches including Chelsea's 3-2 victory at 22/1 and Manchester United's 3-1 victory vs Braga at 14/1. The two results were included in a yankee (six doubles, four trebles and a fourfold) alongside Benfica (2-0 @ 15/2) and Valencia (4-2 @ 50/1). Had Moses not scored his late winner, the punter would have only scooped £7,828.50.

"This is the first time I have ever seen a bet quite like this," said William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly. "It is usually hard enough to correctly predict one correct score, but to guess four is astounding. This punter will surely offer to buy Victor Moses a drink after his last gasp winner."

The massive payout to this customer was just the tip of the iceberg as Victor Moses' late winner cost William Hill well over a million pounds.

The punter posted a photo of his sensational win on twitter on Wednesday evening.

I'm not the biggest/smartest gambler, but even I know that that is a daft bet unless you've got £11 you desperately want to lose.

I was looking at an accumulator a few years ago with the spare few pence in my account on correct scores for the entire Saturday fixture list in the Prem, and managed to get odds that put a return somewhere in the region of the Greek national debt, and I couldn't bring myself to waste the 13p, let alone £11 on a yankee.

As the article says, the beauty of the yankee means he was still on for £8k even without Chelsea. But it's still an insane bet. I know how difficult it is to get 1 correct score.

I have a 3 match accumulator most weekends, £2.50 usually returns about £30 which ive won a couple of times but that's just on result, trying to predict scores is not for me.

The only times the results were easy predict were last season for us. ;)

Â