Hearts receive winding-up order

BOF

And the footballing feel-good story of the day is ...

Clickings

Hearts receive winding-up order over unpaid PAYE and VAT

Hearts have been issued with a winding-up order by the Court of Session in Edinburgh after failing to pay a tax bill for close to £450,000 on time.

The matter is unrelated to a £1.75m tax bill Hearts are currently contesting.

The bill is understood to be for unpaid PAYE and VAT and the club have eight days to pay or the winding up order will be enforced by the court.

Hearts say they are hoping to reach agreement with HMRC over a repayment plan.

The Edinburgh club have confirmed that the amount due is £449,692.04.

Meanwhile, it is understood Hearts are unlikely to face any immediate sanctions from the Scottish Premier League over the non-payment of tax.

The only sanction for not paying HM Revenue Customs on time is a registration embargo and the club already have this sanction in place for the late payment of salaries to players.

The SPL have been informed and could take further action if payment is not paid within the eight-day deadline.

Hearts insist the petition "has only recently been presented" to them.

And a club spokesperson said: "We have guaranteed future revenues from forthcoming games and related broadcast income as well as additional guaranteed transfer income which will more than cover the outstanding amout stated in this petition.

"We would therefore be hopeful that HMRC will accept that winding up the club would be totally unnecessary."

Anyone who can't work out why it's good to see them in serious trouble only need remind themselves of the reaction of some of their fans to Petrov's news. I really really hope they come out of this worse than Rangers did.

And the footballing feel-good story of the day is ...

Clickings

Anyone who can't work out why it's good to see them in serious trouble only need remind themselves of the reaction of some of their fans to Petrov's news. I really really hope they come out of this worse than Rangers did.

Never seen that Petrov banner.

Hope they disappear and never come back after that! **** 'em.

Oh god the Petrov banner thing again. Of course it's out of order but it not like we haven't got our share of idiots too. We're the same as any other club in that regard so lose the holier than thou attitude.

As for Hearts it's doesn't look good does it, tax bill seems like the tip of the iceberg and it's not exactly an attractive prospect for someone stepping in to rescue them.

• Like 1

Always gets me how companys big and small think they can get away with not paying the tax man. Feel sorry for the fans and general staff but they aren't the first club to be done up by dodgy owner's and won't be the last.

A clearing in the woods behind me at Swindon shouted that he hopes Di Canio's wife has a miscarriage. I wouldn't want people taking pleasure in Villa going bust because of him. Always a shame for a club to go bust these days, when the money is so mad in the game.

After reading up a bit it seems there already in dispute with hmrc over a £1.75mllion tax and national aswel

Yup. This is just a second debt.

A clearing in the woods behind me at Swindon shouted that he hopes Di Canio's wife has a miscarriage. I wouldn't want people taking pleasure in Villa going bust because of him.

I don't think that's a good analogy.

Sectarianism is accepted among a number of Hearts supporters which manifests itself in ways like Brian's example above. I'd imagine some of Heart's more sectarian fans would find the banner disgusting but it's an indirect result of their sectarian culture.

The person you heard at Swindon was being a word removed because he was a word removed not because there was any underlying feelings of Villa fans against pregnant women,

They're a disgusting club and I will celebrate them going bust.

• Like 2

I don't think that's a good analogy.

Sectarianism is accepted among a number of Hearts supporters which manifests itself in ways like Brian's example above. I'd imagine some of Heart's more sectarian fans would find the banner disgusting but it's an indirect result of their sectarian culture.

The person you heard at Swindon was being a word removed because he was a word removed not because there was any underlying feelings of Villa fans against pregnant women,

They're a disgusting club and I will celebrate them going bust.

I've got nothing against Hearts as a club, but sectarianism is rife in that league. There's no need for bigoted racism and religious supremacists in football.

It's kind of like when Leeds fans were all over the internet, and on this very board, pleading for support to have their points deduction quashed after parading the greatest arrogance of pseudo-success in everyone's faces for years. They acted like cocks on whole, so there wasn't much chance people were going to lend their support.

Â