A dog question.

lp_villa830

I have a 1 year old American Bulldog, lovely dog but very excitable when new people come to the house.

One of my work mates said today that by law I need a 'beware of the dog' sign or similar in a window. But looking online there is alot of contradicting statements on whether its better to have one or not.

So do any of you learned folks know the answer.

if the dog savaged a pensioner dropping off a christmas card i very much doubt having a beware of the dog sign will calm the situation down. what will your defence be

"to be fair your majesty, there is a sign up saying beware the dog, the old lady in question knew the risks she was taking"

I think lp_villa's query relates to the breed of his dog requiring a sign. I've always had dogs (border collies and now a bassett hound) and of course, never heard of a sign being needed. If it was me and I wasn't sure I'd ring the vet, they would probably know about this kind of thing.

Had dogs all my life and never had a sign...well there was one on our old back door but I am pretty sure that was there when we moved in.

In all fairness the only people who should be going into your house are people that you invite....surely you would warn them of the risk's then and if they are a burgler then **** em, old rex can have a manburger for dinner tonight

The opposite is true in my house, I have a sign but no dog. Always have done, if scumbag burglars are looking to break into the softest target then having them think a dog lives here is not a bad idea as far as I am concerned.

I think lp_villa's query relates to the breed of his dog requiring a sign. I've always had dogs (border collies and now a bassett hound) and of course, never heard of a sign being needed. If it was me and I wasn't sure I'd ring the vet, they would probably know about this kind of thing.

This. If it's related to the breed then ask someone who will know. People advising you because they never had a sign and have always owned Papillons is not much use :) "But in fairness yer honour, the lads on VT said I didn't need one and they all own dogs".

Â