Elite: Dangerous

hogso

Was flying around in my clipper picking off Diamond miners in a lawless system when I noticed an NPC who seemed somewhat familiar..

I immediately interdicted and blew him up. Unfortunately he was only hauling useless anime

IMG-0452.JPEG

• Like 3

Hooray! My backer level of the kickstarter got my name in as an npc. I have no idea what the chances of you stumbling upon it are, but I'd wager pretty low! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, I have a Clipper, Asp X, Vulture and Fer De Lance in my hangar.

The Asp X is my multi-purpose ship. I tried the Python but it was too sluggish compared to the Asp.

The Clipper looks like a combat ship but actually plays better as a hauler (huge cargo), mining ship and pirate ship. If you're ever hauling diamonds in an anarchy system then I will be after your loot. The trick is to pick on harmless T6s in agriculture systems, shoot out their power plants, then loot them for all the juicy diamonds. 6 mil is my best payout so far for 20 minutes work.

The Vulture will be my go to combat ship once I git gud. Currently I don't have the skill to take on larger ships with it.

The Fer de Lance is my current combat ship which I am pimping out. I have it A rated and just collecting mats in order to create the perfect shield tanking killing machine. 

I really like this game (ps4 version), but I just never feel like I have the time to do anything other than a bit of pirate contract hunting in the 1 or 2 hours I get to play.  I also don't play with anyone else online, which would help I think.

Shame really.

There's a lot of grinding in the game which is unfortunate but I guess is the result of the devs choosing an MMO instead of a solo or coop experience. 

There's the grind to earn credits, the grind to earn faction rank and then collecting materials for the engineers. I've tried to avoid it as much as possible and chosen activities that interest me (pirating and combat).

The base game and mechanics are brilliant, they just need to make the world less sterile. Unfortunately, that has been the crutch of most epic space games for 30 years.

Edited by RunRickyRun

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This game is unbelievable in VR. I feel like I'm piloting a real space ship. Going to have to get a HOTAS controller. 

I've got this on PS4.  

Could we play together? 

A game I've never sank as much time into as I'd like to.  I love it, and I can fly ok.  But I get overawed by it all really and lose track of tasks etc.

Nope, no cross play :(

Which is even more of a shame because I think you can co-pilot with other people now. 

I have barely played this by the way, only done the training missions but it's cool as **** sitting there in the cockpit. I get the feeling it's going to take a long, long time to get the hang of. 

Edited by villarule123

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This is going to take a long time for me to get to grips with. Anyone ( @Stevo985 @StefanAVFC @lapal_fanthat has experienced my flying in GTA will know how much I will struggle with this :lol:

I "got" it surprisingly quickly for some reason.  I've never crashed into or out of a space station.  I've done dopey things like forgotten the button and shot inside the space station, which got me murdered pretty quickly.. but I've never crashed (apart from the one time I tried to mine an asteroid, but forgot the buttons and jet boosted into it :lol: ). 

So, I've got a HOTAS X joystick now, and it's **** awesome. Of course, I crashed whilst parking in the training mission and had to abort but it was still awesome all the same. 

Now I just need to learn to play the game. 

On 15/02/2018 at 13:40, Stevo985 said:

Literally the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

memba' that time we finished a mission and then jono crashed AFK because his kid was crying? :crylaugh: 

I've never known Stevo so legit angry :lol:  

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

memba' that time we finished a mission and then jono crashed AFK because his kid was crying? :crylaugh: 

I was so angry. More because we were literally telling him that we would fail

"DON'T GO! WE'LL CRASH!!!"

If none of us had known it would have been funny

28 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Made even worse by the fact Stevo hates kids. 

#fuckkids

• Haha 1

Â