Elite: Dangerous

hogso

I was so looking forward to this, pre ordered it, Just played the combat simulator, it was rubbish and made me feel sick (I was also absolutely crap at it) canceled pre order :(

I think a lot of people will love it though, just disapointed it was not my thing after all the lovely childhood memories of docking and selling slaves :)

What an absolutely cracking night of play that was.

Started off with my usual routine of doing a bit of trading here and there and taking on a couple of bulletin board missions when I realised i'd got enough credit to upgrade my main weapon a bit.

Went for the beam laser with immediate thoughts of giving it a good tryout. So, at that point I basically became Boba **** Fett for the evening  :D

Leave space station - frame shift to next system - frame shift to a beacon where there's always a few ships milling around. Run scans on all ships and sure enough, most pilots turn out to be dodgier than a transfer involving Harry Redknapp.

As long as I kept them on their own it was just a matter of outmanouvering them for a few minutes before they finally succumbed. At one point I had three after me (one wasn't even on the wanted list, I just accidentally shot him) and I still managed to get the bounty after a pretty spectacular dogfight.

One thing I noticed was how the novice pilots fly in comparison to the more seasoned vets. Makes for some really interesting battles.

So by the end of the night i'd made around 40k in bounties alone, and I really need to start working towards a new ship now - the Sidewinder is a good start point but I want that Cobra Mk III! 

Man I love this game  :wub:

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

I was showing my father in law some gameplay on chromecast the other night as he used to play the first 2/3 games back in the day.  He's got a Xbox360 which he very rarely uses so he's not that out of touch with gaming, but he was absolutely blown away by it.

I haven't even got a PC at home, but I'd love to give it a try at some point in the future :)

• Like 1

The thing I love the most about it (amongst many things) is the fact they have kept the core game from all those years ago very much intact. There is still no hand holding and you very much carve your own path.

I would genuinely love to plonk the 13 year old me who first played it all those years ago in 84 in front of this version  :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Did these Elite illustrations recently. Started off as pencil sketches based on a loose Art Deco poster style, and then I developed them into full digital illustrations.

Might get in contact with Frontier and see if they have any interest in marketing them.

CLICK THE PIC FOR MASSIVE VERSIONS:

Edited by Designer1
Need to update link
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder how well they will configure the controls for a piddly little controller

Same as they have done in the PC version I would imagine. I've played the game with a 360 since launch with zero issues.

I tried it with a DS3 and motioninjoy, couldn't get on with it at all. Didn't try my 360 controller actually, but can't imagine I'd like it much more, but I think I'll give it a go for curiosity's sake if nothing else.

I don't play the game these days but when I did, I used a slightly tweaked version of the Advanced Controller setup.

As for the game itself, it really needs some deeper content.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been playing this for a couple of Months. I don't have a great deal of time to play but it is such an amazing game. The sound of the viper is amazing. I am currently using a Cobra MkIII which is handy for pretty much everything. I am not sure my CMDR name is great thou, villanmike makes others think I am a villain! Great game, I just wish I had more time to participate.

• 2 months later...

Only just noticed this game after looking at No Man's Sky vids.. it looks awesome! Shame my laptop can't run it :(

Does it get boring after a while?

Quite a few report that it does but I've been playing since September almost daily without any sign of burnout yet!

Nice logo's Designer1, I'd love to see those used

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Â