Elite: Dangerous

hogso

Competition Pro was a good stick. Hard to break and later models had a good autofire (...and a crap Slow Mo thing, that either didn't work or made games unplayable).

Not much cop for Elite, there's too much critically timed keyboard action during dogfights.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if she doesnt reply to your text straight away, for gods sake man don't panic. Just play the waiting game. And when she does reply, don't respond straight away. You don't want to sound desperate.

PS. expansion pass won't be available after this weekend. I guess they figured it's too good a deal, because they're going to expand a looott

• Like 1

I'm coming out of my posting retirement to says thank to you guys. First for picking up on this game and second for hogso as I read that last post and quickly went and got the expansion pass before it was too late. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's Elite, there's plenty of space to traverse, and it looks good. Guess it depends how badly you want to play it. Is it generally worth £50 though? Nah.

Well, I'd have bought it for £35, so whats £15 when you got a long bank holiday ahead of you.....

Installing now, I'll see you in about 6 years if original Elite is anything to go by....

• Like 1

I got it and I'm having blast. I only do trading (so far) so there is a lot of chugging between systems with Fish, Clothes, then more expensive stuff as the money starts coming in. I just bought myself a Hauler and now have a whopping 16 tonne capacity cargo hold! So happy about that. :) Although it does seem to overheat if I as much as break wind in the cockpit. Almost lost it on my first run in it and managed to land with 7% hull left. The repairs drained just about every credit of the profit I made going from Aulin to Beagle Landing (I think it's called?). Bought some HE Suits and plan to run them to Dahan or Chango Dock tomorrow.

I really love this game. I usually grab my X45 and do a few trade runs each night racking up the credits slowly but surely. I'll probably start tricking my rides out a bit more once I get a Type 9 or whatever I get next. I'm aiming to grab a Cobra MkIII ultimately as that will make switching between bounty hunting and trading easier before they introduce multi ship ownership later on. I have absolutely no regrets getting this, and it will only get better as the exploration stuff gets added. That is something I'm particularly looking forward to.  

Played a few hours last night. First impressions:

jurassic-park-o.gif

It's just beautiful.

The fact that they've kept the core of the game the same as the original really stood out when I realised some of the manoeuvres / skills that i'd learnt all those years ago still have relevance.

The first time I docked into a Coriolis Space Station I very nearly did a sex wee.

This is the one I've been looking at

61bLKZPpBzL._SL1181_.jpg

Did you get one of these Hogso?

I'm gonna pick one up at the weekend as it seems the 'go to' piece of kit.

I did not! Unfortunately I haven't really had much chance to dump very much time in to the beta, so don't think it would be worth it just yet. Although playing with a mouse & keyboard really frustrates me.

Â