Midweek football 5/8 November

andykeenan

no surprise the barca arent really that good bandwagon has started up again

despite the great start the squad looks so thin at the moment, need another striker and a CB and villanova doesnt seem to rotate as much as pep (i might be imagining that but villa and cesc hardly start, i havent seen cuenca or thiago all season) also hopefully someone might even notice how the worlds most underrated player has been missing from both of their "poor" performances vs celtic (for a shockingly bad red card too)

The midfielder should have stuck his head on it. Once he let the ball bounce then there wasnt much Barcelona could do to stop the goal in my opinion. That said, they haven't swept all before them over the past three or four years by playing the percentages.

How do you mean? Celtic were always going to concede possession to Barcelona, the game went as they hoped it would.

The BBC made me smile last night when they suggested that the result might be Celtic's greatest ever in Europe, before quickly remembering that it definitely wasn't. :lol:

Not sure what Xavi was doing, not like him tbh.

I think it was simply an error. They happen from time to time, even to the very best players.

I dont accept the "Barcelona defence is appalling" argument either. It always comes out when they lose, and they have had their first choice central defenders (Puyol & Pique) missing with injury of late but the simple fact is they concede very few goals, far fewer than most of the other similarly sized clubs.

Yes, they defend as a team and the midfield keeping possession has as much to do with their goals against column being very meagre, but they can keep possession so easily because they have footballers at the back and not ogres like Collins and Dunne.

Â