• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Bennett 11)
    • Stevenes (for Lichaj 71)
    • Holman (for Weimann 85)

A much needed win this. Westwood proved today that you shouldn't write the young lads out because of a few minutes as a sub. Now all we need to go is cause 3 upsets in our next games and we could be looking at Europe.

Everyone seems to be focusing on the first away win in so long, but when was the last time we won two on the bounce.

he had some moments but i don't get the position Weimann is playing?

Looked like he was playing out wide. TBH he looked miles better than Albrighton or Zog in the position. If he wants to play up front his compuse in front of goals needs to improve.......alot

Got this from a Sunderland forum. Its in response to MON saying Lee Cattermole today - was as good as performance as he has ever seen from a player:-

"Dear Mr Messi,

I enclose a DVD of a staggering performance I witnessed today by a player named Lee Cattermole in a match for his team Sunderland versus Aston Villa.

It was as good a performance as I have seen from a player.

Please up your game and when you think you are as good as this please give me a call and maybe we can work something out.

Yours in Sport.

Mr Martin O'Neill

c/o Cherry Knowle Hospital"

Yesss!!!

Been out of contact for most of the afternoon so just catching up with this. Sounds like Benteke, Weimann & Gabby did well today. Nice to have laid to rest all those dreary posts about how Gabby hasn't scored in the league. Also excellent to get 3 points from Sunderland and their manager whose name seems vaguely familiar. Sounds like Lambert got a lot of things right today.

I agree, it was nice to see the back of all those dreary posts and nice to see the back of that dreary none scoring run.... well done gabby.

but to keep those dreary posts at bay, Gab..... raise your goal scoring ratio to an acceptable level.Then we can all rest easy.

Ireland my man of the match, so lively. Final ball let him down at times but his running and the way he always gives himself as an option was great.

Steven Ireland was woeful, so wasteful in possession and I'd certainly drop him for the next game

I didn't watch the match, but I'm always intrigued when I see things like the above.

That Sunderland forum was interesting. They seem to have rumbled him quicker than we did (probably because he hasn't had a period of being successful), e.g. his predictably unimaginative use of substitutions.

If Gabby hadn't scored, surely, Cuellar should have been sent off? That's a leg breaker. Bardsley should have been off by the sounds of things, although Herd was lucky in the same respect last week. I look forward to seeing MOTD later. Sunderland really are a bitter bunch of fans, I'm delighted it's unraveling under MON. One shot on target again for them, they are abysmal going forward.

Best bit of the match for me was when MON brought on Frazier Campbell and put Seb Larsson at right back.

MON loves throwing on shite footballers and putting random midfielders to right back when his team are losing. Some things never change.

I hear he's making an £8m swoop for Zat Knight and Nicky Shorey in January.

Â