• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Bennett 11)
    • Stevenes (for Lichaj 71)
    • Holman (for Weimann 85)

Really good away performance, kept it reasonably tight and snatched a goal. Gabby and Benteke can keep a back four busy on their own - I thought Bannan did well too, Guzan continues to be excellent and this three points might prove very handy indeed.

Thought we might get a win today (as Sunderland are terrible), although after recent results was not expecting it.

Absolutely delighted. Taking nothing away from a very good team performance, we must play that formation from now on.

Was mildly confident when I seen the line-up. A footballing team not a hoof line-up. Bannan should start every match I've been saying that all season. Benteke was very good as was Westwood. Scary at the end but 2 wins within a week can't complain at that.

Ireland my man of the match, so lively. Final ball let him down at times but his running and the way he always gives himself as an option was great. Not sure if Lichaj did well or Adam Johnson was just awful (a bit of both) but just simply showing him onto his right foot completely eliminated him as a real threat. Such a one-dimensional player Johnson is.

Defence and Guzan can hardly be faulted, especially Clark.

Midfield had to sit very deep at times but kept to their task well.

Benteke always a threat, Gabby and Weimann full of running.

We deserved to win but those last 10 minutes were unbearable. I was just thinking "the later they equalize the less chance they will have to score a winner" - it didn't really enter my mind that they wouldn't score.

Benteke and Gabby are starting to look a bit threatening now. Still lots to do though.

Westwood was very good, but I noticed him get overrun waiting for the ball to come to him a bit. Hopefully he'll learn from it, but it was a nice, solid debut for him. Be interesting to see if he has a shot on him. Got into a few juicy positions today but seemed reluctant to pull the trigger.

Weimann was relatively anonymous for all but his last 15 minutes. Should have scored at the end of that ripping bit of play between him, Lowton and Ireland.

Man Utd will be tough next week but I'd rather the boys go into that on the back of an away win than a demoralising loss, so who knows?

Did not expect that!! What a result! Gutted Norwich and Wigan won too but you can only control what your own team does and today we brought home the 3 points!!

The irony is we used to do this a lot when we had MON - Lets hope we can build on this.

Well done you villa boys!

excellent result. Glad that westwood appears to have a decent first start - good lad! benteke getting better, and clark and vlaar get better together and long may itcontinue. gabby scoring in the league is a relief

Â