Weekends football 3/4 November

andykeenan

The run from Ben Arfa there was the type of thing I was hoping we'd see from N'Zogbia.

It's something we're lacking badly - a player who can run into the box and cause panic with his close control. We're too reliant on having to pass or cross our way in behind teams. That extra bit of flair would do us the world of good.

The run from Ben Arfa there was the type of thing I was hoping we'd see from N'Zogbia.

It's something we're lacking badly - a player who can run into the box and cause panic with his close control. We're too reliant on having to pass or cross our way in behind teams. That extra bit of flair would do us the world of good.

Agreed, CNZ managed to do it in his wigan days. So I don't see why he can't do it at Villa.

foot was high but that was a bit harsh the red card. eyes were on the ball

Its a karate kick, red card anyday.

if this was case then any bicycle kick would be an automatic red card

How do you figure that? :suspect:

Whether something is a foul or not has nothing to do with whether a player was looking at the ball or whether he touched the ball first. A players intent has very little to do with it either, despite what his team mates/manager might say after the incident too ("he's not that kind of player!") because a referee calls a foul as it is defined in the rules.

It's clearly stated in Law 12 that if a challenge is careless, reckless or made with excessive force then it is a foul. Zlatan's kick on the goalkeeper was probably all three, he had to walk for that and the fact that often players will do a bicycle kick has **** all to do with anything.

Yeah, then there was all this stuff from AFC Wimbledon saying they would rather not have to play MK Dons. Which is perfectly understandable when you realise what they actually mean by that is they would rather MK Dons didnt exist.

Â