League cup quarter final

John

Can I remind everyone that we beat Man City in this competition?

Norwich weren't good the other day and we were worse. I'd imagine that was a pretty standard performance from Norwich yet on our day we can perform 5 times better. This is a very winnable game and I'm looking forward to Villa heading to Wembley again.

With a lot of luck there is a route to the final there somewhere. If we get past Norwich we could meet Swansea or Boro. Shame Chelsea and Arsenal weren't drawn together. That really would have helped the rest.

Don't forget we get a lot more tickets in cup games than away Hanes in the league so we will have a great following in support of lambert.

Lambert always seems to thrive at impossible missions lets hope this is the case at Norwich. We can def cause them problems if we play well

We can definately get something from this game given the situation and venue.

Ideally we would have all loved a home draw against Bradford or Boro but hopefully we will get a kind draw IF we make it to the semi's.

Could be another repeat of the 1996 final?

Awful draw.

Norwich will be so up for it, and that place wil be like a cauldron of hate towards Lambert.

Can't see us getting through unfortunately.

I think you'll find that whilst grateful for his past success with us, in general we'll be more concerned with backing Hughton.

A very winnable game for us, a tad tough for you maybe.

I think you'll find that whilst grateful for his past success with us, in general we'll be more concerned with backing Hughton.

A very winnable game for us, a tad tough for you maybe.

Do think you'll get more than the 16,000 who turned up last night?

So picture the scene, we beat Norwich on penalties with brad Guzan saving 3. And progress to the semis, where we come up against a rampant Chelsea side. Our league form is still faltering. Over 2 legs Chelsea hammer in 40 shots and hit the post 10 times, but we sneak a last minute victory courtesy of John terry own goal.. So we head to Wembley way to face arsenal... Last time arsenal were in the final they lose to another team from Birmingham, surely it can't happen again?

........2 paths

A) villa are totally outplayed but arsenal cannot score, again villa score a fortuitous goal and snatch victory, the league cup is back in the midlands, and more importantly back to one of its most successful winners.... However, the league form continues to falter and villa are relegated, copying their neighbours actions.

B. Arsenal's long wait for trophy is ended, the inbreds down the road are celebrating like they have won the champions league. However, villa then win there next 8 league games propelling them up to a top half finish.

Do think you'll get more than the 16,000 who turned up last night?

Depends on the ticket price, a few, ok, a lot of fans baulked at the £30 price last night, and you have to consider the 'Lambert factor' too.

I think it also depends whether TV goes with it.

Â