• El Ahmadi
    • Bannan
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Stevens (for Herd 30)
    • Delph (for Bannan 82)
    • Bent (for Ireland 83)

No streams for the Villa match so I watched Reading v Arsenal and I'm still reeling from it - what a game!!! Caught the Villa score at 0-2 and thought "no problem there" then I next saw it at 2-2 and thought Uh-oh don't tell me!! but well done on what must've been a fightback to clinch the game.

In previous times Paul Lambert just didn't do cups. Placed no importance whatsoever on them and sometimes the Norwich team would seem totally demotivated and disinterested. Some fans were in favour of this in order to concentrate fully on the league. So I don't know what his policy is at Villa but surely tonights win is a good morale booster. My own view is that silverware, no matter what shape it is, is important to a club.

I fancy that Norwich just may well do the biz tomorrow night against Spurs and would certainly look forward to a cup tie between Villa and Norwich, hopefully at Wembley!

Very pleased with the win but it's been spoilt for me by us yet again capitulating a lead. Luckily our class showed through with Benteke and Gabby but it appears that our midfield was shown up again, this time by a League 1 side which is hardly confidence building.

Its nice to have cup run but its the league that we need to really worry about.

Di Cannio went to the middle of the pitch to applaud the Swindon fans, before pointing at the Villa fans and pointing at the floor in a 'your going down' gesture.. He is and always will be a complete tw.t..

He's a showman - he's great!

Just got back to Bournemouth.

A wins a win, we're through so that is all well. Benteke played very well.

However in the 2nd half we were truly shocking. Apart from the goal that was one of the worst Villa 2nd half performances I have seen for years. They we were all over us like a rash. They had so much space it was as if they were the senior and more skilful side..

Ireland remains an enigma - he can undoubtedly pick a pass but he bottled out on at least three challenges. Our midfield is really poor but our defence isn't much better.

Anyhow onwards & upwards. We live to fight another day. If we get to Wembley with this squad I will be ****** amazed!

I'd like to see a full shot of that end behind the goal celebrating Benteke's last minute winner.

You can only just about see the 1st tier of it. Would like to see both tier's erupting!

As it's a roofless end which other tier would you like to see???

Â