FA to Investigate Clattenburg Over Racist Language

bickster

Have i missed something here? I assume you cannot be white to be a member of Society of Black Lawyers, why is nobody questioning that? Surely by definition they are racist?

The only way we will ever be rid of racism is when people stop labeling themselves and each other. It is encouraging segregation.

People need to realise that skin colour is just ones pigmentation based on the climate in which their ancestors lived.

I've been wondering just how proficient Mikel is in English, and if he misunderstood what the referee was saying...that said, none of his reactions on the pitch with Clattenburg looked like he was reacting to any racial abuse at all. It seems like they had a problem with him during the game and decided to "play the race card" as a means of retaliation.

It's pretty shocking treatment barring Clattenburg from officiating matches when he hasn't been found guilty of any wrongdoing. Let the inquiry do what it does and then take appropriate action. This is a case of presumed guilt before being proven innocent, and it's wrong.

Having read the FA statement, I'm not going to lambast anyone; even Ramires; only to say that it is exactly as I suspected. There was no way a man in Clattenburg's position would have been stupid enough to say what he was alleged to have said. And I will give Ramires the benefit that he honestly thought that's what he had heard. But he needs to clean his ears out and learn the language before trying to destroy someone and their career in future. I'm glad this mess is sorted out and to be honest a referee couldn't buy the kind of goodwill that he'll get next time he's on a pitch. It doesn't hurt that it was horrible Chelsea that tried to damage him.

Now, let's move on.

His English is very good, as evidenced here:

They're saying it was Ramires who claimed he heard the slur, not Mikel, so perhaps Ramires' English is subpar.

Poor English or not though, The FA need to come down hard on Ramires, if he's the source of the conflict. An example needs to be made so that players don't continue hurling rancid accusations against referees who they don't like.

He should get a minute's applause at the next match he officiates. He'll carry the stench of the racism tag to his grave, even though he's been cleared. This will always be part of his bio, which is a disgrace.

He should get a minute's applause at the next match he officiates. He'll carry the stench of the racism tag to his grave, even though he's been cleared. This will always be part of his bio, which is a disgrace.

What? For not being a racist? If anything people seem to be more sympathetic towards him, as he was hardly one of the best loved referees before this. It also may help people forget those 8 months he was suspended with all those allegations that were made against him at the time.

Ramires should get a ban, Chelsea should get a big fine and Clattenberg is bound to get a huge payout, if he plays his cards right he could make enough to retire on.

Agree, the FA should hammer the pair of them for playing the race card on such flimsy evidence, it could have ruined Clattenberg, who is a good referee.

What? For not being a racist?

Nope. For having to carry the stench of the racism tag to his grave, even though he's been cleared. This will always be part of his bio, which is a disgrace.

Nope. For having to carry the stench of the racism tag to his grave, even though he's been cleared. This will always be part of his bio, which is a disgrace.

Just read over this thread, people didn't believe it before he was cleared never mind now. As for carrying it around the rest of his career, there have been many other allegations made against him which he was never cleared of and he seems to have shaken those off. Even if he is now defined as a racist for the rest of his career (which I don't for a second think he will be) then what will a minutes applause achieve exactly?

So , I wonder how this will impact on the avuncular Mr Herbert; he of Black Lawyers, Black Policemen and (proposed) Black Players Association. As a barrister ( i think he is) it might be concluded that he has a passing knowledge of English Civil Law and therefore the Law relating to Defamation . If Mr Clattenburg seeks damages through the Courts, I hope he doesn't forget this individual's part in it all. Just an opinion of course.

Ramires should get a ban, Chelsea should get a big fine and Clattenberg is bound to get a huge payout, if he plays his cards right he could make enough to retire on.

in Ramires defence he doesnt speak English according to some journalist from the Guardian. i think he just heard a word he thought it meant something else

Â