FA to Investigate Clattenburg Over Racist Language

bickster

And don't get me wrong, if he's been racist, or even if he's been grossly inappropriate, then throw the book at him by all means.

It all just seems very dodgy, and looks like the media are spiralling it out of control

This makes my blood boil. Chelsea are a dispicable bunch of words removed for engineering this and low and behold John bloody Terry is involved ! Who threatened to break the refs legs ? Unbelievable

It's a complete joke! Chelsea have effectively ruined the career of a referee!

This makes my blood boil. Chelsea are a dispicable bunch of words removed for engineering this

It looks likely the allegations are not true, but just because you presume they are not does not mean they are not. We do not know if there was or wasnt racial abuse!

It's an opinion mate, either way the career of Clattenberg is done for. All because he made a mistake for sending off Torres. What about the decisions that went for Chelsea, let me cast your mind back to one of the worst challenges i've seen from their leader, their captain on Milner in the FA Cup semi-final, did you see AVFC file a complaint against Howard. Even Phil Dowd I can't stand the mug, but if Villa put in a case which is clearly flawed then i'd be disgusted just as i am now.

What I can't understand is that ANY language of this sort is appropriate on the field of play. I thought foul and abusive language was a yellow card?

Now I swear like a trooper so I'm not saying its wrong, but I do it in circumstances where it is acceptable to do so. If the laws of the game (or the social context) made it an offence, then it shoudl be punished.

Mike up the refs. Lets hear what is said in all its filthy glory and after 1 wonderfully unbroadcastable game Sky would stop it over night. Actually it would enhance the game for the viewers at home (and in the stands if they buy/rent a headset) to hear the decisions and the explainations for decisions on the spot. Its one of the reasons Rugby Union is great to watch on TV, you hear what is said - and then the 19st prop forward says "yes sir" to the little streak of piss in the refs outfit.

All because he made a mistake for sending off Torres.

Torres dived and deserved a second yellow.

This case against Clattenburg hinges on what Ramires, who has terrible English, heard. I'm now reading that he might have mistook Clattenburg's Geordie "shut up Mikel" for "shut up monkey". I reckon it'll be dropped for lack of evidence.

I agree with the points about rugby. Footballers are a disgrace and need to learn how to behave on the pitch. I'd keep booking them until teams end up with seven players on the pitch. It's the only way they'll learn.

Looked like there was contact from Evans IMO.

Its a **** contact sport. Just because you are touched its NOT a foul or a reason to fall over.

This really pisses me off. Listening to Gobby Cabbage go on about it on 606 - "if there's contact you have the right to go down" Bollocks. If you're Walcott and someone like Shawcross or Huth shoulder charge you... fair enough go down. If you're Drogba, stay on your **** feet you massive jessie.

The new game is leaving the leg in or seeing the sliding challenge come in and then jump over the tackle hit the deck and roll like you've been shot. Its all bollocks. The FA regarless of what FIFA or UEFA say should simply start handing out retrospective bans of 10 games for players who behave like this. It is supposed to be contact sport and a mans game. Half the players these days don't even wear proper shin guards. If they can't be arsed to protect themselves properly - then they are responsible for any injuries that occur.

If an opening batsman goes out to bat without his helmet on and then gets sparked out by a bouncer. Who is at fault? The bowler for a perfectly legal delivery - or the knob who didn't put his hat on? Same principle applies.

On the 'did he/didn't he dive' subject, I thought Gary Chuckle raised quite a good point in his post match analysis. His opinion was that the contact was pretty immaterial and didn't necessarily warrant a foul, but Torres is well within his rights to dive out of the way of an oncoming 6ft something centre back, coming at him with some intent. If he didn't dive out of Evans' way, then it could have been quite a nasty foul.

• Like 2

On the 'did he/didn't he dive' subject, I thought Gary Chuckle raised quite a good point in his post match analysis. His opinion was that the contact was pretty immaterial and didn't necessarily warrant a foul, but Torres is well within his rights to dive out of the way of an oncoming 6ft something centre back, coming at him with some intent. If he didn't dive out of Evans' way, then it could have been quite a nasty foul.

There's diving/getting out of the way, and then there's dropping to your knees like an idiot trying to force a free kick, and decision in your favour. Players in these incidents should not just drop to their knees.

I personally think refs/ FA are getting fed up with palyers just dropping to the ground at the slightest touch, and are taking a bit of a stand. Fair play to them.

Â