Greece

maqroll

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting development today, as Greek police have arrested the head of Golden Dawn, as well as three of their MP's.

Brave move, because this will almost certainly provoke their rank and file who already have a taste for street violence.

• 1 year later...

A shame, they thought they'd been clever by negotiating a payment plan that involved taxing large corporations rather than cutting public services. They've clearly not understood the nature of the situation. Expect a 'democratic' coup before too long.

• Like 1

The suffering won't magically stop if (or, more accurately, when) they default and leave.

Greece is staring down the barrel. And is presented with a choice where neither option is necessarily a good one. For them and everyone else.

But surely that's the catch ....the people of Greece can't / don't want to take any more austerity ...but they essentially have to one way or the other .....If Russia offer to stump up the cash it could be a very dangerous turn of events for Europe

If Greece does collapse down to the next rung of the disaster ladder it could be interesting to see Germany's reaction to hundreds of thousands of economic migrants arriving from within the EU with just enough bus fare to get to northern europe, a bag of clothes, and a legitimate EU passport.

_45293053_schengen_euro_466map.gif

Ecb to maintain cash to greek banks .......I would still empty my account on monday regardless 

unless the doors are still locked

They will be. Word is now that the banks will be closed Monday.

Ecb to maintain cash to greek banks .......I would still empty my account on monday regardless 

unless the doors are still locked

They will be. Word is now that the banks will be closed Monday.

A bloody bank holiday at this time !!! .........:D

• Like 1

Â