If we bought one player; who would you buy?

allstar

Which player would you want to buy if one was to be bought?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you want to buy if one was to be bought?

• Steed Malbranque
    • Yakubu Ayegbeni
    • Wayne Routhledge
    • Gary Kelly
    • Amdy Faye
    • Andy O'Brien

We need someone to supply Angel, because Angel is a better natural finisher than Beattie or Yakubu. We do not need another striker to keep him company on the half way line where he can usually be found trying to get the ball for himself.

As I've said before - Even the deadliest gun needs bullets to fire. You can have 2 of the best guns in the world up front but with McCann and Davis providing the ammo ................ with the best will in the world you're going to struggle.

Still while it stays like this Solano remains a good buy in the fantasy league as he's the only regular Villa scorer as of late :)

because Angel is a better natural finisher than Beattie

That is your opinion, and I disagree. Beattie scores from every place, his goal from 25 yards some weeks ago shows that. But forget him, he is out of our reach and I don't care about him. I think Angel is struggling to hit the target as well.

As I've said before - Even the deadliest gun needs bullets to fire. You can have 2 of the best guns in the world up front but with McCann and Davis providing the ammo ................ with the best will in the world you're going to struggle.

Give the ball to Henry or Sheva, and they'd score. We have Angel, a descent player but no super-striker. How can you say he hasn't been provided? What about the crosses from Solano for example? Its not the delieverance, but the finishing, as well, that has sucked.

So you think Angel has been sufficiently provided up front this season ? You therefore must think we are creative enough in midfield ? That is your opinion and I disagree with that. I am not alone in thinking Angel is a better natural striker than Beattie. He is a very good box-finisher who is out of form due to having to a) wait 60 minutes between each cross and B) having to come back to his own halfway line to get possession.

i'd take the Yak, would also love to sign Malbranque but currently I feel a striker is required more than a midfielder... at the club we only have JPA, DV and the Moore brothers - (not including No Goal Cole)

I can only drool at the prospect of a three pronged attack of DV, JPA and Yak! just imagine - pace and precision!!! it would be beautiful...... 8)

So you think Angel has been sufficiently provided up front this season ? You therefore must think we are creative enough in midfield ? That is your opinion and I disagree with that. I am not alone in thinking Angel is a better natural striker than Beattie. He is a very good box-finisher who is out of form due to having to a) wait 60 minutes between each cross and B) having to come back to his own halfway line to get possession.

I don't think we create anything less than many of the clubs who have a better scoring record than us, f.ex Crystal Palace. I know they have Routhledge, but he can't do it all alone. Don't tell me Aki Rihiilahti is such a creative player. We have Solano for god's sake.

I know you're not the only one who rate Angel as a better natural finisher, never claimed it, but I doubt you have sufficiant material to evaluate/compare BT to Angel.

Angel missed a penalty, he missed a header from 4 yards to an open goal and he hasn't scored since. That's like 9 games or something, and he has missed some very clear-cut chances, so don't blame the midfielders.

Anyone else noticed how the standard of debate is in direc correlation to the opening of a transfer window and equally matches our performance in said transfer market. I.E SHite

Without doubt Steed Malbranque!

We have strikers good enough but we doesnt have a midfield worth the name...and on the leftside its just a joke as it is now.

We need pacy players...big size pacy players...

But I think Villa could find pacy players outside England that might be as good as Steed...without splashing out all transfer kitty in one buy.

Please DOL...Look at French league...and other european leagues. There are many players out there that would do a lovely job for Villa.

Find a new Zidane...a new Nedved...before someone else do! Thats what we need...a spell of fortune with transfers...buy cheap get world class within a year. :wink:

Â