Best Ball

darrenm

I play non-organised stuff regularly and have used a few different balls, but I'm wondering on which ones are people's favourites?

My personal favourite is this one: http://www.adidas.co.uk/Tango-12---Euro-2012-Top-Replique-Ball/X18256_720,en_GB,pd.html

X18256_F_Photography_Standard.jpg

Euro2012 Tango Replica. I can only find the finale versions now which don't feel as good to me.

I've got a Nike Premier League replica ball but it feels way too heavy. The Tango does feel a bit like a beach ball but it's got a lovely grabby surface.

What are your favourite footballs?

I quite like my balls.

When I was a kid, the Adidas Tango was the shit. I dont think that has ever really left me because the stuff that is cool during your formative years always retains a place in your heart, doesnt it?

I'd **** love it if the Premier League brought back the Telstar for a season though. :wub:

whl1s.jpg

I use a large variety.

Sunday league rules (for us anyway) is the home team provides the football, so it means we have a different ball every week.

My experience is that the NIke Premier League Balls are generally the best.

They peaked with this

nike-2008-t90-aerow-ii-premier-league-ball--white-blue.gif

Mitre balls aren't great. I played with one of these at the Ricoh last year

Mitre_2616238.jpg

And it was an official Championship issue so you'd expect it to be top notch, but I hated it.

This one was also pretty special

teamgeist.jpg

This was the best I've ever used. A really nice balance between technology and simplicity. It was just engineered enough to make it need a good level of ability to strike it really cleanly, yet still have the weight behind it to not be unpredictable and move all over the place.

it054360.jpg?120919

• Like 1

See, with the new Tango 12's, the surface is pretty sticky so you can get some decent purchase on the ball. But I do end up tripping over it sometimes when trying to just push it forward. They're very light as well, which I think you need when playing semi-serious games.

The jabulani was a nightmare to pay with. My freekicks were so inconsistent; same with my shots. I do remember scoring a long range goal solely because of the movement on the ball. Keeper was completely fooled. That is my only positive memory with the ball. It was too light.

I scored a long range goal with a Jabulani where the keeper dived completely the wrong way - and to be honest it baffled me just as much.

I struck it really well, it was swerving away from the keeper, he dived and then in mid flight it bent right back the other direction and ended up going in right where the keeper was standing. Had it gone exactly where I wanted it to, and exactly where it seemed to be going then it would probably have been a storming save, instead the keeper looked a pillock.

Terrible terrible football, designed to baffle goalkeepers and allow more long range goals to people who can't even strike a ball all that well.

The Mitre Delta Premier League balls, if you couldn't strike a ball well you wouldn't achieve much more than a backpass.. but if you could strike it well it stayed **** hit and went like a rocket.

The only thing I'd say about the adidas balls are they're a joke for keepers with a big kick.

I scored with one last season from goal. If you catch it right, they just go for miles. One bounce, straight in the opposite net.

Won me goal of the season for our team, that :D

Â