Ripping off the state

Dodgyknees

Unfortunately that is a matter for the local authority, which I'm not involved with at all. We do recover some HB debts on behalf of every LA in the country, but I don't know the in's and out's of their rules. What I do know is that an individual would not simply be turfed out and made homeless - if Fraud was proven and an overpayment of HB identified, then she would be expected to repay that debt (one way or another (usually 'another' ie. over a very very long period of time with no interest accrued)), and may or may not serve a custodial sentance/have some other charge, depending on how large the debt is.

From then on, well, her circumstances would come under very close scrutiny, but if an entitlement is identified again, now knowing all of the true circumstances, then she would get HB again, rather than being made homeless. In this particular case though, it would come down to the partners earnings, and if his (and hers?) are deemed high enough to cover potential rent/mortgage costs, then it wouldnt be paid anymore. As for what happens then, I guess they would be given time to find other accommodation for a start off, plus the whole process can be stalled by appealing decisions...but as I say I'm not part of that process, so don't know their rules.

Thanks for that 'hogso.' I really appreciate it. All of the neighbours around me want to see the back of traveling lady. Its nothing to do with her heritage, but more to do with who she is associated with and indeed there have been problems with her elsewhere in private tenancy. Police have continually had to call out at all her previous addresses. Unfortunately the council have housed her in our area which is full of pensioners and my partner and i are probably the youngest couple in the area. My partner and i plus another neighbour have made several complaints to the local council concerning noise and verbal abuse from this traveler but the local council have fought tooth and nail to keep her where she is even though she is has been in breach of her tenancy for some considerable time (verbally abusing neighbours and so on).

The problem for the council is this. They have her housed between two privately owned properties. Mine and another neighbour. If the council did move her to a council area then those council tenants on hearing that this lady was coming in to live beside them, due to the traveling lady's reputation, would firstly complain to the council and then probably ask to be moved themselves. No-one likes to live beside a drug dealer! Secondly, she has five kids and knows how to use them. If she was served with an eviction order the courts would obviously be relunctant to evict. Now i don't agree with this. If you continually annoy neighbours by noise and verbal abuse, which has actually been recorded then no matter how many kids you have you should be evicted. I and the other neighbour presented 17 recordings of abuse and noise to the local council and the council replied by stating that they couldn't ascertain where the recordings were made. This is despite the traveling lady's name, my name, the neighbour's name and the names of all of her children were on the recordings. In fact a lot of the abuse is also coming from her children who are aged between 5-10. For the aforementioned reasons, the council simply don't want to move her, or take responsibility for their tenant's actions. Therein lies the dificulty while my partner and i and the other neighbour have to continually suffer.

Thought about AK47s and shotguns on many occasions. Have even thought about the proverbial baseball bat but in reality i would be the one that would end up at your majesty's pleasure. Come to think of it, three square meals a day and a bit of peace. Might just consider it after all.

At the risk of a pikey backlash, you could always go down the Brick Top/Snatch route.

Fire... it's so pretty... and it fixes everything.

Mate i have never done anything dishonest in my life before but i can honestly say i have considered that. In Ireland there are also guys i can speak to but you would hope that somewhere along the line if you go through the correct channels then justice would be done. After four years i'm starting to have severe doubts that will be the case.

I have already had my home attacked. You know the cowardly way. 2.45am when my partner and i were asleep. Had my front window put in. The traveling lady next door knew the attack was coming and cleared out. Didn't arrive back until the following day whereby she was interviewed by Police. She denied knowing anything about it but the culprit was seen by another neighbour who won't come forward. The neighbour identified the traveling lady's husband as the culprit to me.

Â