Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I have a feeling we may well lose this

I've a feeling you may well be right!

Norwich are not as bad as many people think they are. In fact, apart from a couple of exceptions they have actually played very well but fallen just short of the mark in finishing the many chances created. Right from pre season up to the Arsenal game I felt the framework was in place but they just couldn't quite gel - new manager, new players and it was taking it's time but on Saturday they gelled - never mind those who say Arsenal were rubbish because they weren't. The Norwich lads just wouldn't let up and kept them crowded out. Arsenal were just simply beaten by a team with greater desire, spirit and belief. There's also the possibility of a psychological problem with the Gunners, based on form and results, feeling they just had to turn up and a win was a forgone conclusion. Norwich being the worst team in the prem an' all - any team that thinks that could well end up losing! I feel Norwich have now started to gel and are getting it together as a team. Holt is scoring, Bassong is a colossus in defence, Tettey a dynamo in midfield and Hoolahan his usual self with deftness of foot and quick footballing brain. Not to mention the likes of Pilks and Bennet & Co

So Saturday IS the BIG ONE!!! The grudge match so to speak, against the manager who does bigger walk outs than Titus Oates! Whom they feel needs to be taught a lesson (not too sure what the lesson is though!). Norwich dearly want to win this and win it good - they will be fired up for it.

Boy what a recipe for a cracking game, I'm looking forward to it so much I can't even remember who Liverpool are playing!!!! - which reminds me of my divorce case when my wife said to the judge "he thinks more of Liverpool football club than he thinks of me" but he heard me muttering "I think more of Everton football club than I think of 'er". I lost the case - but Liverpool won that week so all worked out fine.

Where was I? Ah yes, back to Villa Vs Norwich. The way I see it is that Lanbert will make a big mistake thinking he knows the Norwich players. He will form his team (Oh how he loves rotation - you'd think he was managing Barca!) based on what he considers individual weaknesses. That will be a mistake as already his knowledge of them is out of date - it;s a different team to last season in many, many ways. Villa will try to head straight through the middle of the park and each attack will be swallowed up by mister Bassong and co and Garrido and Martin will support Pilks and Bennet flying off down the wings whilst Holt creates havoc in defence netting at least twice with Tettey bursting through from midfield to volley a scorcher from 25 yards without the keeper even moving!

You have my full permission to copy and paste the above paragraph as a post match report on saturday evening!!!

Anyway, come what may I'm sure it will be a great game. Both teams need to win, can't afford to lose so it will probably be a draw!.

We have to really go for this it this game and try and blitz them then maybe play conservative not just dick around with sideways and backwards passes for 90mins.

I would play Bent, Gabby and Benteke from the start.

bench Kea and Holman who've been poor of late.

If we struggle with this one, I'll be officially questioning the wisdom of Lambert's management.

I'm struggling to make a prediction because I have no idea what Villa are made of right now.

F*ck it, 0-0.

I'd love it if we absolutely smashed them so I'm going to say a 4-0 win.

I'd still like to see this formation -

----------Bent---------Benteke------

---------------Weimann--------------

---Delph-----El Ahmadi----Holman

Bennett---Herd----Vlaar---Lowton

----------------Guzan-----------------

Although it'll be Lowton in the centre with Lichaj out wide in any formation I think (Without injuries I'd like to see Clark or Baker where I've put Herd obviously)

When did we last win a live PL TV game ?? Seems years ago

Hull away perhaps ?

Arsenal away back end of 2010/11? Can't remember if that was on TV or not, if it wasn't then the Newcastle home match a few weeks prior to that.

Just as a quick aside - I wondered if any of you guys would be so good as give me some advice regarding away fans parkingn I've heard it could be problematic. Ideally as near to wherever the away coaches park as I'm meeting some friends from Norwich. I promise I will remain completely neutral and applaud both teams!!!

I've a feeling you may well be right!

Norwich are not as bad as many people think they are. In fact, apart from a couple of exceptions they have actually played very well but fallen just short of the mark in finishing the many chances created. Right from pre season up to the Arsenal game I felt the framework was in place but they just couldn't quite gel - new manager, new players and it was taking it's time but on Saturday they gelled - never mind those who say Arsenal were rubbish because they weren't. The Norwich lads just wouldn't let up and kept them crowded out. Arsenal were just simply beaten by a team with greater desire, spirit and belief. There's also the possibility of a psychological problem with the Gunners, based on form and results, feeling they just had to turn up and a win was a forgone conclusion. Norwich being the worst team in the prem an' all - any team that thinks that could well end up losing! I feel Norwich have now started to gel and are getting it together as a team. Holt is scoring, Bassong is a colossus in defence, Tettey a dynamo in midfield and Hoolahan his usual self with deftness of foot and quick footballing brain. Not to mention the likes of Pilks and Bennet & Co

So Saturday IS the BIG ONE!!! The grudge match so to speak, against the manager who does bigger walk outs than Titus Oates! Whom they feel needs to be taught a lesson (not too sure what the lesson is though!). Norwich dearly want to win this and win it good - they will be fired up for it.

Boy what a recipe for a cracking game, I'm looking forward to it so much I can't even remember who Liverpool are playing!!!! - which reminds me of my divorce case when my wife said to the judge "he thinks more of Liverpool football club than he thinks of me" but he heard me muttering "I think more of Everton football club than I think of 'er". I lost the case - but Liverpool won that week so all worked out fine.

Where was I? Ah yes, back to Villa Vs Norwich. The way I see it is that Lanbert will make a big mistake thinking he knows the Norwich players. He will form his team (Oh how he loves rotation - you'd think he was managing Barca!) based on what he considers individual weaknesses. That will be a mistake as already his knowledge of them is out of date - it;s a different team to last season in many, many ways. Villa will try to head straight through the middle of the park and each attack will be swallowed up by mister Bassong and co and Garrido and Martin will support Pilks and Bennet flying off down the wings whilst Holt creates havoc in defence netting at least twice with Tettey bursting through from midfield to volley a scorcher from 25 yards without the keeper even moving!

You have my full permission to copy and paste the above paragraph as a post match report on saturday evening!!!

Anyway, come what may I'm sure it will be a great game. Both teams need to win, can't afford to lose so it will probably be a draw!.

A pure example of what too many Red Bulls does to you... ;)

Brilliant response, thank you! But In my case I think the damage has been done by something stronger than a few Red Bulls!

Haha. In all seriousness I think you may be underestimating our manager by assuming he wont have spent this week studying the current Norwich team. What he should be able to do is draw on his own individual knowledge of individual players that he worked with. He knows CH has put his own stamp on the team - but id be very very surprised if he hasn't been following their games this season pretty closely.

I think it'll be a tight game and sure they will be up for it - but then so will we I feel.

In my opinion if we score first then we should win. But if they score first I worry about our ability to get ourselves back into the game. Aside from the Everton game we have acquitted ourselves quite well at home this season and our home form will be pivitol to our survival. One thing is for sure, the fans are backing PL and will get behind the team.

Has anyone mentioned this is a MUST WIN game ?

Certainly agree.

I can see lambert hitting the panic button here and going out of his way to field a team to stop Norwich rather than trying to play our own game. This being a combination of fear of losing 3 on the bounce and fear of losing to his previous club. Think he has lost confidence in his preferred formation, players and self already.

Expecting plenty more hoofball similar to last week and Benteke back in. It certainly won't be pretty but we won't lose and think we could sneak a win. Feels bad even writing that we may sneak a win against Norwich FFS. I know they have beaten Arsenal recently, but despite this they have been probably the worst team i've watched this season (besides us actually). However, at the end of the day a win is a win no matter how we get it.

Win or draw, he will be happy with the performance, think we played some lovely football at times and think were turning a corner.

Ps, this is my first game of the season, we havent lost any of the 7 ive attended over the last two years believe it or not, hence my optimism.

Haha. In all seriousness I think you may be underestimating our manager by assuming he wont have spent this week studying the current Norwich team. What he should be able to do is draw on his own individual knowledge of individual players that he worked with. He knows CH has put his own stamp on the team - but id be very very surprised if he hasn't been following their games this season pretty closely.

I think it'll be a tight game and sure they will be up for it - but then so will we I feel.

In my opinion if we score first then we should win. But if they score first I worry about our ability to get ourselves back into the game. Aside from the Everton game we have acquitted ourselves quite well at home this season and our home form will be pivitol to our survival. One thing is for sure, the fans are backing PL and will get behind the team.

Of course you are right - Paul Lambert and Ian Culverhouse are pretty formidable and didn't achieve Norwich's rise from league 1 without knowing their stuff. Norwich won't be too put off by concedeing the first goal and, if they remember some of what Paul and Ian passed onto them will pick themselves up and get stuck in. I still have the feeling Norwich WILL come good this season and if they reproduce the Arsenal form especially in defence they could well come away with at least a draw. We shall see on saturday if they can maintain some consistency as opposed to a flash in the pan. The scene is set for a really good game which I hope lives up to my expectations

We'll struggle regardless of the XI chosen. Norwich aren't worldbeaters but they're a side familiar with each other and reasonably mature. They've got some fight in them.

We meanwhile, are inexperienced, a side thrown together barely 2 months ago, making mistakes, and in many cases have personnel just not ready to perform on this stage.

At best it's going to be a slog.