Greatest Ever Players

mikeyp102

Puskás says Hi

Honvéd 358 apps 374 goals

Real Madrid 262 apps 242 goals

National team

Hungary 85 apps 84 goals

The little fat chap didn't half do bad all in all

Of course the argument would be that he would pale alongside a player like Henry from the modern era... But for me he has to be the greatest

They are some truly stunning figures.

True and it's an argument some have held against Pele as well as he scored a lot of goals in pretty much non event football in Brazil , but Pele still had class just like Puskas

but like Cruyff gets credited with changing the way football was played , Puskas was also ahead of his time and played a part in the inception of Total football , so for my money he is a worthy candidate for one of the best ever players

Best player I've ever seen live would be Rooney, Ronaldo never seemed to play well at VP

Zidane and Messi would be the best I'ver ever seen on TV, Torres really was unplayable and I think he'll find that form again soon

GK: Peter Schmeichel

RB: Carlos Alberto

CB: Franz Beckenbauer

CB: Franco Baresi

LB Paolo Maldini

RW: Jimmy Johnstone

ACM: Maradona

DCM: Frank Rijkaard

LW: Johan Cruyff

CF: Pele

CF: Alfredo Di Stefano

Van_nistelrooy_madrid.jpg

The Best 18 Yard box striker/Poacher to ever play the game IMO. Was always in the right place at the right time.

I reckon Romario would have something to say about that. Another former PSV player, he scored 96 in 107 games for them, then 34 in 46 for Barcelona. 55 in 70 at international level too.

I reckon Romario would have something to say about that. Another former PSV player, he scored 96 in 107 games for them, then 34 in 46 for Barcelona. 55 in 70 at international level too.

Yeah the main reason i put Ruud, was because he has done it in Holland, England, Spain and to an extent Germany..

PSV he scored 62 in 67

then at Man u, 95 in 150

Real Madrid, 46 in 68

And then at Hamburg he got 12 in 36

Still both amazing Strikers

And the Original Ronaldo has got to be with a shout as well..

I think the best player I ever saw live has been Thierry Henry, closely followed by Denis Bergkamp.

Seen in the flesh, both up there for me too. Along with C Ronaldo, Giggs, Gullit, Cantona, Klinsmann, Batistuta, McGrath of course, and although he was marked out of the game by Paul Birch, Lothar Matthäus, .

As far as poachers go Inzaghi was probably the best, awful footballer, not even fit for top level football, couldn't run, couldn't pass, couldn't beat a player. But as a finisher pretty much unmatched. Every goal he has scored seems like a fluke.

If I was to put out a team with the best players I've seen and try to get at least some balance it would probably look like this:

Schmeichel

Thuram-Baresi-McGrath-Maldini

Mathaeus-Zidane

Maradona

Zico-Lineker-Messi

Some great players, but how would they cope away to Stoke on a cold december night? :)

And with sees I mean seen on tele. Never seen any of them live. But if I'd narrow it to that it'd probably be a team full of players from united, arsenal and maybe one or two from Villa. Nobodoy wants to see that.

Â