Greatest Ever Players

mikeyp102

Ryan Giggs perhaps deserves a mention. No-one has achieved anywhere near what he has at domestic level. He only gets missed out on these lists because he is Welsh and therefore has no international medals. If Giggs had played for a half decent country (no offense meant to Wales but you've not even qualified for most tournaments) then he'd be revered.

I'm suspicious of lists of this kind.

How can you really make a judgement unless you've seen them play?

I can quite easily say Puskas was amazing and should be in the list but to be honest I haven't a bloody clue if he was or not.

Agree with this, I have to take my old mans word for it that Gerd Müller was the greatest striker ever as I've never watched him.

Gerd muller -

68 goals in 62 games for west Germany (retired from internationals at the age on 29). His record at bayern is something like 358 in 435 games. Look at his wiki at honours he won. Greatest striker of all time.

Its hard to compare players in general never mind of all time even Ronaldo and Messi for me cant really be comoared as different style of player in different teams they just happen to be 2 of the best strike records ever and play for biggest rivals

for me you cant really as people will just choose attackers. look at Maldini, Mattheus even Xavi who were cornerstones of great teams but will rarely get mentioned in these lists its always Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Messi, Cruyff etc.

for me you cant really as people will just choose attackers. look at Maldini, Mattheus even Xavi who were cornerstones of great teams but will rarely get mentioned in these lists its always Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Messi, Cruyff etc.

Which is why on opening page I tried to do each position, and mentioned all those you have said.

Plenty of people have mentioned defenders, myself included.

Erm, Maldini, Matthäus and Xavi are all mentioned in the opening post :lol:

Gerd muller -

68 goals in 62 games for west Germany (retired from internationals at the age on 29). His record at bayern is something like 358 in 435 games. Look at his wiki at honours he won. Greatest striker of all time.

Awesome stats those

Plenty of people have mentioned defenders, myself included.

Erm, Maldini, Matthäus and Xavi are all mentioned in the opening post :lol:

yeah i know ;) meant when people usually mention the greats these type players are usually left out

Gerd muller -

Puskás says Hi

Honvéd 358 apps 374 goals

Real Madrid 262 apps 242 goals

National team

Hungary 85 apps 84 goals

The little fat chap didn't half do bad all in all

Of course the argument would be that he would pale alongside a player like Henry from the modern era... But for me he has to be the greatest

Â