Weekends football 19/21/ October

andykeenan

Redknapp missing the point about the Kick it Out stuff I see. I completely agree with him and Rio about not wearing the shirts, but then to spend the rest of the debate talking about how great the Premier League fans are re: racism compared to 30 years ago isnt anything to do with the issue at all. Its about Premier League players acting like word removeds and getting away with it. We all know that if John Terry had been playing today then he would have worn the shirt, and what a mockery of the situation that would have been. Redknapp & co are afraid to say that though because they are "in" the football fraternity.

Messi and Ronaldo at it again in Spain too. Hat trick for Messi and a Brace for Ronaldo. They both have 15 goals in 12 games for their club this season. Even five years ago if somebody told me that players would be scoring goals at a rate of more than a goal a game for two or three seasons in a row I'd have called bullshit. It's absolutely ridiculous, Ronaldo has 161 goals in 156 appearances for Madrid, and quite a few of those appearances have been as a substitute.

Messi and Ronaldo at it again in Spain too. Hat trick for Messi and a Brace for Ronaldo. They both have 15 goals in 12 games for their club this season. Even five years ago if somebody told me that players would be scoring goals at a rate of more than a goal a game for two or three seasons in a row I'd have called bullshit. It's absolutely ridiculous, Ronaldo has 161 goals in 156 appearances for Madrid, and quite a few of those appearances have been as a substitute.

Agreed its just crazy... Two phenomenal players, even though I would question how good defences are at present... This isn't taking away anything from the attackers but there doesn't seem to be any stand out defenders these days...the likes of nesta, maldini etc have not been replaced..

Secondly people go on about Rooney being works class, but if he was he should be scoring at a rate like messi, ronaldo, even Gomez last yr

Dunno how much it is to do with defences being poor, or just that the financial advantage that Barcelona & Madrid have over everybody else in that division that they are exceptionally strong teams playing in a somewhat weak league.

I would imagine the quality of opposition has dropped in the past five or ten years as more and more players elect to sit on the bench at the big two instead of playing first team football elsewhere.

Dunno how much it is to do with defences being poor, or just that the financial advantage that Barcelona & Madrid have over everybody else in that division that they are exceptionally strong teams playing in a somewhat weak league.

I would imagine the quality of opposition has dropped in the past five or ten years as more and more players elect to sit on the bench at the big two instead of playing first team football elsewhere.

I can see your point, but I genuinely don't see any stand out defences or more importantly defenders. Take the prem for example outside of Chelsea and city (who are still conceding a lot this yr) is there a team who you think have a good defence? Internationally it's the same...

Really cant see how that was a straight red. Ref just killed this game. Think he just got caught up in the moment. God knows how Le Tis was saying it's a red though, he should know better with video evidence... He's a bit of tit really isnt he.

MON won't gamble. Remember Nani got sent off at VP and he settled for a draw.

I think it was a red because it was deliberate after he lost control of the ball. Thems the rules.

MON won't gamble. Remember Nani got sent off at VP and he settled for a draw.

I think it was a red because it was deliberate after he lost control of the ball. Thems the rules.

Hmmm... didnt look all that deliberate to me, just looked like he went for the ball but was a bit late, and Fletcher kicked his studs with the follow through of kicking the ball.

Just seeing it at half time has made think it's a little worse than I originally thought, still don't think it was a red though. Feel that's quite harsh.

Be interesting to see if MON changes his system or keeps it the same. Surely they need to go for it now? What ever happened to Connor Wickham?

Â