• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Lichaj (for Baker 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 66)
    • Benteke (for Bent 75)

I am scared shitless. What underlines how far we have fallen is I found myself thinking "well a draw against Fulham would be alright, after all they are a far better team." We are not better than any team in the league, at best we are bottom 5 scrappers.

As someone said, Bent gone in January (dont blame him), relegation scrap till the end of the season, roll the dice whether we stay up or not.

Line up the drinks, I am going to be propping up ther bar for a while.

Its interesting how you say Fulham are a far better team.... They have 2 players in Hughes & Sidwell who we rejected.Sunderland have Cuellar, Gardner & Bardsley, who are making a better fist of it points wise. It just strikes me we are getting rid of players and signing worse...maybe time is required.... but have we got it?

The "Paul Lambert's claret and blue army" that lasted for a good ten minutes was class.

Also, did anyone see the fight between two Villa fans in P5? One bloke got knocked clean out, the person who threw the punch got arrested thankfully. Alarming the amount of fights and scuffles I've witnessed over the past season and a bit.

That doesn't surprise me, because these kind of results will breed in fighting, 2 probably avid fans having different opinions.....thats all they are guy's just opinions. My guess is someone whingeing got to another.... fireworks.

Apart from West Ham away, I have been to all the games so far and this one summed up the huge problem we have in midfield. They make absolutely nothing happen in the final third. However with the current options I cannot see how it can be changed. I cannot remember one incisive ball being played by the midfield. Ireland is massively over-rated and disappeared for large parts of the game. Holman is still full of energy, but not a great footballer IMO. Delph & KEA seem to be competing for who can pass the greater number of sideways or backwards short passes. N'Zogbia must be one of the most unispiring wingers we have ever had - when he came on he made no impact whatsoever!

The fans were brilliant but sadly we didn't seem to make any difference. Bent, Benteke and Gabby can score goals but only if they get some f****g service - that said I would be tempted to give Weimann another try - he had the energy to make something happen for himself.

Mike, I too think our main problem lies in midfield....There is no Talisman or Leader, no driving force, there are other problems for sure, but poor results will get to the player confidence eventually and performances will ebb away...its just a big vicious circle.I do believe signing from the lower leagues is a good policy but not necessarily to come straight in... they have to win a place, but unfortunately we are thin on the ground for that.

the Norwich game is massive, I have got a horrible feeling they will do us over given all of the Lambert stuff

I agree it prob would have been an easier game but now its like playing a top 4 side based on the Lambert - Norwich thing.

Poor performance going forward, thought the defence had a decent game, but going forward we offered nothing. We were left with guzan lumping the ball up the pitch half the time.

Ireland seems to be free a lot of the time but our players cannot seem to pick the pass out to him. Considering we had 4 center midfelders on the pitch we got over run in midifeld and kept forcing play down the left hand side.

Cannot see this team improving much, albeit a weak squad we do have a variety of players to suit different styles bt unsure of what our aim was on Saturday...

UTV!

That doesn't surprise me, because these kind of results will breed in fighting, 2 probably avid fans having different opinions.....thats all they are guy's just opinions. My guess is someone whingeing got to another.... fireworks.

I was in P5 near the front. The guy behind me was one of the biggest whingers i've come across, fair enough he paid his money for his ticket and is entitled to his opinion but he was such a drain on a already poor performance. Constant complaining and whining for 90mins is not going to change anything or make yourself feel better. I heard one other chap have a go at him to stop moaning early in the game but he just carried on. This wasn't anywhere near the kick off but i would not be suprised if somebody did kick off with this guy due to his annoying attitude

Â