• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Lichaj (for Baker 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 66)
    • Benteke (for Bent 75)

Surely Randy can't have **** it up again.

I want to like Lambert, I like his manner, his interviews, his philosophy, in fact I like pretty much everything about the bloke. That said, we are dire and simply not a threat, the opposition take whatever we can throw at them and keep plugging away at the defence knowing that at least one of them will do something stupid.

We have a striker who can score the tap ins who doesn't look overly interested, gets dragged and our new great hope comes on and fluffs another sitter, no doubt Bent would have bagged it but to be honest he didn't deserve to be on the pitch at that point. Holman proved that running around a lot is not enough, love his work ethic but he isn't great and Bennett at full back looks very average and at this point well out of his depth. Here's hoping that these problems rectify themselves given a bit of time.

• Like 1

you can't have been following us long!

Things look bad, may even get worse, we could even get relegated this season, but the blame does not and will not lie at lambert's door

some of it does, his tactics, signings and his decisions to drop strkers when they are scoring goals is his fault

Some of the blame would have to lie at his door but obviously not all of it.

Reading, Norwich, Southampton, QPR and Wigan to name 5.

Reading, maybe. Norwich possibly, but they have already beaten us in the past 12 months and could do again next week. QPR, we couldn't beat them last season and they will pick up points over the season. Wigan are our bogey team and up their game against us. Southampton battered us already.

The results are worse than they were Under McLeish. And to think we have our tough run coming up. It's just pathetic.

the Norwich game is massive, I have got a horrible feeling they will do us over given all of the Lambert stuff

• Like 1

I want to like Lambert, I like his manner, his interviews, his philosophy, in fact I like pretty much everything about the bloke. That said, we are dire and simply not a threat, the opposition take whatever we can throw at them and keep plugging away at the defence knowing that at least one of them will do something stupid.

We have a striker who can score the tap ins who doesn't look overly interested, gets dragged and our new great hope comes on and fluffs another sitter, no doubt Bent would have bagged it but to be honest he didn't deserve to be on the pitch at that point. Holman proved that running around a lot is not enough, love his work ethic but he isn't great and Bennett at full back looks very average and at this point well out of his depth. Here's hoping that these problems rectify themselves given a bit of time.

Good post Andy.

Surely Randy can,

I think he is cursed. every coach he appointed at Clevelend did a shit job too !!

Very frustrated primarily with Lambert. Our performances simply haven't been good enough. There is no fluidity in the final third.

Are we doing anything on this in training?

Our midfield is hopeless. Properly useless. It has no shape at all. Its not a diamond, its not a 312, its nothing. What is the purpose of Delph and KEA?? they are way to similar. They both constantly take too many touchs, turnaround and force us to play long ball every game. I dont know how many times I was screaming at the screen for them to roll it to Ireland, Bent and Gabbys feet in space but they took an extra touch and played it back to the CBs. Its not good enough. I'm so fed up of people giving out about Bent, Ireland and Gabby. What are they ment to do. They get absolutely no service. We dont have wingers, we dont play the ball to their feet, we dont even play balls for them to run onto. Our defenders simply hit there defenders heads.

Lambert has not stamped "his style" on this team at all. The only difference is instead of launching it from the outset, our midfielders and defenders pass it between eachother a little bit before they send it long. its embarrassing. Allied to this, because he hasn't got to grips with out midfield and we have no width, our inexperienced full backs are being overrun.

If they were going to play long balls (as they did) it was ridiculous not to start Benteke. Then in the second half when they were there for the taking he took off our only person who can score. His decision making is awful.

Guzan 6 - Did all was asked of him

Lowton 6 - Sloppy at times, little help from holman, over ran at times, tried hard

Vlaar 6 - ok, solid

Baker 6 - didn't leave himself down

Bennett 6 same as lowton

Delph 6 - did his job ok, just dont see why him and KEA are doing the same role, its pointless

KEA 5 - took this easy pass too often to the centre backs, given hes been playing ahead of delph hes not doing his job for me

Holman 5 - quietest game so far, poor in position

Ireland 5 - good with ball, no service at all, tired around 60

Gabby 5 - Bright at start, faded badly, no service

Bent 5 - Got nothing today, really felt sorry for him

Is our saving grace going to be relying on other teams being shit? I hope not.

Well it worked last year!

Bent can't score if he has No service, its pretty simple.

Very true, especially the lack of width which is scary, we are being taken apart down the wings because there is no threat from us down there.

Go into every game these days expecting to lose. Depressing.

Can't see where the next goal is coming from (after todays showing) let alone the next win.

Fulham looked a below average side today and we couldn't muster anything. Benteke really has to start finishing these chances, they're starting to cost us points.

Yeah we were poor going forward. We need to play with wingers IMO, the midfield isn't working as we don't create anything - relying on the full backs to get forward isn't going to provide us with the options or the quality we require.

FWIW though I'm not as despondent as some. I expected us to be bottom 4 at Christmas and then better after the new year. I still expect that. thought we defended pretty well, credit to Baker for coming in and doing a good job. Bennett was poor, mind. Delph had a great game and was probably MOTM across both sides.

Â