Does everything from Argos Break ?

smetrov

So far this year 2 sats navs, 1 printer, and now the bloody camera..,....

Garmin sat navs and a nikon camera so its good brand stuff - it just seems everything from argos breaks - and unless you take out a warranty you have to wait while its repaired.

Does anyone know why Argos seems to have such a high return rate ? - are they selling seconds ?

So far this year 2 sats navs, 1 printer, and now the bloody camera..,....

Garmin sat navs and a nikon camera so its good brand stuff - it just seems everything from argos breaks - and unless you take out a warranty you have to wait while its repaired.

Does anyone know why Argos seems to have such a high return rate ? - are they selling seconds ?

There are other shops. Why would you keep going back if this is your experience?

There are other shops. Why would you keep going back if this is your experience?

Other than PCWorld\ comet ...actually there aren't that many shops - cetainly not local to me.

Anyway the topic was\is - why do so many products from Argos fail ? - not whether or not to shop there...

Well my nephew Kevin is employed by Argos to kick the shit out of every box that arrives. I'll text him and see if he knows why.

This, i know a couple of lads that used to temp in there at Xmas, they said everything just gets launched around the place like missiles.

Surely Argos didn't make the products you bought?

Well that was the whole point - Im buying good brand goods - but the durability seems zero ! - I know argos gold warned a few years about about selling returns as new - and to be fair this seems to have stopped now.

Perhaps the comments about stuff being thrown around explains a lot.

And then you have the staff, the pale guardians of the treasure.

I find the only hard and fast rule with Argos is to never, ever under any circumstances buy their furniture. The seemingly bargain basement prices aren't worth the one week lifespan.

I think the lesson here is not to buy things that have breakable components in them :)

Why not buy online from the likes of Amazon instead? Can't be much dearer if at all.

Back to the OP though, in my experience, no, not everything breaks.

Other than PCWorld\ comet ...actually there aren't that many shops - cetainly not local to me.

You buy electronics from an actual shop? In the high street? I bet you even pay with paper money!

Anyway the topic was\is - why do so many products from Argos fail ?

Because they're a shit company who pay their uneducated part-time staff close to minimum wage to get overpriced goods from point A to point B. This usually involves being thrown as hard as possible.

Unless a purchase is urgently needed same-day, I can't see any reason to get any product from the likes of Argos/PC World/Comet/Curries. They're all irredeemably shit. Especially the last 3.

You buy electronics from an actual shop? In the high street? I bet you even pay with paper money!

I usually buy electronics costing more than £150 from the high street (as long as the price is comparable) because it's easier to return stuff.

I quite enjoy educating retail managers (and anyone eavesdropping) about the Sales of Goods Act when things go wrong 3 or 4 years down the line. You just don't get the same satisfaction in an email exchange.

• Like 1

I've bought a shit load of stuff from Argos, including furniture (I was skint when i moved into my house. Ikea was upmarket for me!)

Everything I've bought from there is still absolutely fine. Granted the furniture I bought wa sonly TV stands, coffee tables, DVD storage that sort of thing. no sofas or proper tables or anything.

But yeah, it's all perfectly fine.

So my answer is no.

I've bought a shit load of stuff from Argos, including furniture (I was skint when i moved into my house. Ikea was upmarket for me!)

Everything I've bought from there is still absolutely fine. Granted the furniture I bought wa sonly TV stands, coffee tables, DVD storage that sort of thing. no sofas or proper tables or anything.

But yeah, it's all perfectly fine.

So my answer is no.

Same, I had absolutely nothing when I moved in. Bought my bed, 2 bedside tables, chest of drawers, sideboard, dining table and 4 chairs, 2 sofas, coffee table, bookcase and tv table from Argos. 5 years on and they are in perfect condition. Really well built.

Â