This years kit - what do you think?

MattS

What did you think of this seasons kit?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this seasons kit?

• Excellent - couldn't ask for more
    • Good - minor impovements could be made
    • Average - right idea, needs improvement though
    • Poor - Better than Small Heath's kit but only just
    • I Hate it! - Need I say more

After the mass debate about this seasons kit last year, I wondered what people think of it now after having a few months to get used to it.

I personally like the home kit, however I hate it when we wear the blue shorts with the claret top at some away games, the white shorts look much better.

The away kit is just average, nothing special, altough better than last years bumble bee number.

bloody sponsor peeling off

i have had the same problem, along with every other villa fan i know personally, you have to iron it back on a couple of times before it sticks properly but really it shouldnt be happening , apart form that i like the kit i have got used to it now and think it looks pretty good

I think the style is fantastic. They are both "Villa" kits - traditional but decent looking. And has blue sleves. The away kit is the best looking kit we've had in ages imo. I love the chevrons....hummell have produced some good suff for us - theres some leisure wear that also looks really good.

However, the quality of the kit is poor. You shouldn't have to iron on the sponsor when you've just bought it (and its lucky I did, cos it would have fallen off by now). Theres an awful lot of people walking around VP with the sponsor half falling off. I bet DWS aren't too happy....

I'm not too happy that it says "cows" on the front but apart from that I like it, especially the chevrons.

I think the general standard of kit design has improved since the Supporters Trust started to have an input.

As JC says - Design excellent (especially the away kit). Quality poor.

Apart from the reports of stripes falling off etc, the material is very poor quality too. easily snagged and bobbled.

I love the Hummel stuff and the Chevrons in particular but I think the leisure wear (as opposed to the replica kit) seems more expensive than the Diadora stuff of last year. I mean, at the moment the short sleeved T shirts seems to be £20.00 (particularly like the one in purple in the ladies range - with matching trousers) and there is a lovely jacket I would really love with the lion printed on it but it is £120.00 - even a long sleeved sweat type top the same is £80.00 I mean come on we are not made of money (well I'm not that's for sure).

My DWS logo hasn't peeled off yet - but I did press it over with the iron before I wore it and a few times since just to be on the safe side :roll:

Hev, do I dare ask whose name is on the back of your shirt? :wink:

No you got it in one!!! I also have a ladies one with no name on as, when I am being more ladylike, I like to be a bit more discrete :lol:

Personally, I don't think you can ever beat the thrill of your first proper replica strip yer dad bought you when you were a kid, and that stays with you as your favourite for ever.

My first one was a 1977 kit, with the collars, cuff,s v neck, and big umbro stripes and diamonds down the arms (not like the 77 replica strip sold in the shop today, for obvious reasons) and the round badge.

Witht he white shorts and blue socks, I thought I looked like the bee's knees. Actually looked like a badgers arse but thats a whole new story.

but I guess the kids from the early 80's prefer the ones with the big side panels and no collars and the kids of today like the latest ones.

I did like that mid 80's pinky one with the very thin lines as well though.

There's no third kit, no. We only do those when we're in Europe.

champ manager has it down as the silver kit :wink: :roll:

I personally think he away kit looks very very good and my sponser has yet to peal off!!! weyhey!! I really dislike the home kit, the claret shevrons look messy, as does the whole the shirt. Last years home kit was better than this years. First time ive bought an away kit and no home shirt. I do have the home shorts tho.... so can i be all white when playing football (shows my lack of ability to slide tackle :wink: )

I agree with most on here , i like the look of this top but am very dissapointed by the quality infact i am on my second top and even the writting on this one is wearing off again. I like how this seasons tops feel quite light compared to last seasons , last seasons was quite thick and wasnt stretchy at all

Â