Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We could really do with winning this one, I think we are capable however Fulham have been strong at home this season and are scoring goals. Bent should start and I would also start Gabby and Benteke alongside him.

Victory!

I don't know why I'm optimistic as it'll be a tough test. If we can repeat the positive elements of some of our recent games without the second half falling apart we could nick it.

We have Norwich the game after who will have a point to prove against lambert, then a run of fixtures in november that doesnt make easy reading. We need a result, I would take a point just to get something on the board.

Fulham have been good this season, but I think we can get something. According to fantasy football (not the most reliable of sources, i know) berbatov and petric are doubts. Hopefully this is the case, as they have been scoring frequently this season. I wached them against southampton before the international break, and the goals they conceded were both from set peices. Although set peices haven't been our strength in recent years, I think we looked most dangerous against west brom from balls into the box, with bents goal coming from a corner.

I'm saying 2-2

We'll be up against two ex-Villains in Hughes & Sidwell. I honestly think Berbatov and Rodellega will run our defence ragged. And we'll be overrun in midfield and on the flanks. Still hopefully a good day out.

Doubtful. This is a team who destroyed a very good WBA side 3-0 just a few weeks ago.

They are no mugs.

To be fair there wasn't a lot in the game until WBA had Odemwingie sent off in the first half...and any team would struggle at Fulham with ten men. But I agree this will be as tough as we've faced away this year.

Two interesting comments from friends of Fulham forum:

If England where a club side, who would they be?

England would be Aston Villa. A very long time ago they were considered to be the best, yet slipped down into mid-table dross with the occasional flirt of optimism that usually ends in vain. The football now is rather dull and everyone laughs when they don't win.

And their match thread

If we can't dominate Villa at the Cottage, then we should be worried the entire season. I think we win it 3-1 in a tjl special.

To be honest, i'm happy people think we'll be a walk over - because we will surprise teams this year. Its better to be written off in my opinion as the expectation/pressure is lower - but from what I have seen from us this year we're doing a lot of things right -we're just waiting for it to click - much like Wigan last year. We definitely need some more players, especially in the middle but we have the right manager. Would love us to shock Fulham and get the win -as tough as it'll be, at least I know we've got a manager who will be sending us out there to win.

• Like 1