New site technical issues (please read first post)

limpid

Question

The new site has been running for a week now. I'm going to lock the other threads in this forum and try to get a fresh view of any technical issues.

Please post any technical issues in this topic. If you have an "How do I?" question, please do not post it in this thread. check the other unlocked threads in this forum and start a new one if yours has not been asked / answered. This thread is to report issues like not being able to post, problems with PMs and similar.

Before reporting a fault, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and preferably test using another browser.

I'll keep this first post updated with any issues.

Outstanding

• tables

Resolved

• Old PMs. You can access old PMs at http://old.villatalk.net until the weekend of th 20th October.
  • Donations system
  • Recent posts block on right side of board index.
  • Blogs
  • Chat room for matchdays
  • Dark theme for desktop
  • Roll up the huge forum list into something more manageable (you can hover over the claret bar and click the "-" to hide them).

I don't like the edit function, I'm afraid.

Unless I have it wrong, one has to select the checkbox for it to indicate that one has edited a post.

And if one doesn't then it doesn't edit the post but rather adds an edited post later in the thread.

Edit: Edit made at 12.38pm Friday.

I don't like the edit function, I'm afraid.

Unless I have it wrong, one has to select the checkbox for it to indicate that one has edited a post.

And if one doesn't then it doesn't edit the post but rather adds an edited post later in the thread.

Not entirely sure what you mean snowy, can you show us please.

Not entirely sure what you mean snowy, can you show us please.

Hmm. Well it happened to me in the economics thread last night (appending) but I've just tried to recreate it in here (see above) and it worked as one would expect it so perhaps I arsed something up before. :wacko:

But 'one has to select the checkbox for it to indicate that one has edited a post' is correct, isn't it?

Edited by snowychap

This isn't a technical issue, but I thought I'd post it here.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the big layout of the new site.

One thing that I used to love about VT, which I thought set it apart from ALL other forums I had seen, was that everything looked tidy. All other forums seemed to be a lot bigger, and seemed messier because of it.

Now we've gone to the same format. One post seems to take up a whole page and I'm really not a fan.

Can posts/ pages not be made a bit smaller, more in line with the old site?

This isn't a technical issue, but I thought I'd post it here.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the big layout of the new site.

One thing that I used to love about VT, which I thought set it apart from ALL other forums I had seen, was that everything looked tidy. All other forums seemed to be a lot bigger, and seemed messier because of it.

Now we've gone to the same format. One post seems to take up a whole page and I'm really not a fan.

Can posts/ pages not be made a bit smaller, more in line with the old site?

You're probably just reading my posts...

Not sure if anybody else has had this issue, but when accessing the site off my mobile i sometimes find that when i try to enter certain forum topics i'm directed to the very first page of the discussion rather than the last and as there is no option to select the newest page i either have to click through every page or just leave it.

Any suggestions?

Not sure if anybody else has had this issue, but when accessing the site off my mobile i sometimes find that when i try to enter certain forum topics i'm directed to the very first page of the discussion rather than the last and as there is no option to select the newest page i either have to click through every page or just leave it.

Any suggestions?

This is answered in this thread already.

Just read back through the posts (apologies for not doing it first off).

It's only the Randy Lerner Thread that i'm having the problem with-non of the others that i've tried are giving me any grief.

Does it happen with a different browser? Have your cleared your cache and cookies?

As some will have noticed, I've changed the layout of the main index so that it isn't enormous. It's particularly noticeable on the mobile client.

I'm going to lock this thread now as no-one is reading the first post. If you have an issue, please check the existing topics and use the search function at the top of the page to search this "Site Issues" forum. If you can't find anything, please start a new topic.

thanks.