New site technical issues (please read first post)

limpid

Question

The new site has been running for a week now. I'm going to lock the other threads in this forum and try to get a fresh view of any technical issues.

Please post any technical issues in this topic. If you have an "How do I?" question, please do not post it in this thread. check the other unlocked threads in this forum and start a new one if yours has not been asked / answered. This thread is to report issues like not being able to post, problems with PMs and similar.

Before reporting a fault, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and preferably test using another browser.

I'll keep this first post updated with any issues.

Outstanding

• tables

Resolved

• Old PMs. You can access old PMs at http://old.villatalk.net until the weekend of th 20th October.
  • Donations system
  • Recent posts block on right side of board index.
  • Blogs
  • Chat room for matchdays
  • Dark theme for desktop
  • Roll up the huge forum list into something more manageable (you can hover over the claret bar and click the "-" to hide them).

I keep getting that problem on Android phone (swiftkey) where when typing to a quoted reply, it jumps to the top of the quote and replicates some of the words. I'm fed up of having to edit so am leaving posts now, but very annoying.

www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/4940-darren-bent-v2/page__st__4140__gopid__778972#entry778972

I keep getting that problem on Android phone (swiftkey) where when typing to a quoted reply, it jumps to the top of the quote and replicates some of the words. I'm fed up of having to edit so am leaving posts now, but very annoying.

www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/4940-darren-bent-v2/page__st__4140__gopid__778972#entry778972

Does it happen when you don't use swiftkey?

Someone has told me they are seeing layout problems In the top right of pages. I've not got time to look now as I'm at work, but if it's related to the stuff I was doing yesterday, clicking the reload button while holding shift should fix it without waiting for the CSS cache to refresh. You'll probably need to do it a few times. Sorry.

In the Villa section this thread doesn't show the new posts, can anyone intervene?

http://www.villatalk...best-away-trip/

You've linked to a thread in the "Games Played" section, not the "Villa" section. Do you mean that the "Last Match" link doesn't show new posts? If so the link forums were a much requested way that people can bookmark and navigate straight to the current/last matchday forums. You'll see the correct unread status if you scroll down to the correct match forum.

You've linked to a thread in the "Games Played" section, not the "Villa" section. Do you mean that the "Last Match" link doesn't show new posts? If so the link forums were a much requested way that people can bookmark and navigate straight to the current/last matchday forums. You'll see the correct unread status if you scroll down to the correct match forum.

Thank you, now I see what's happened. The thread has been moved from the Villa to the Game played section, but it also remained on the Villa section unsensitive.

A last thing, please, sorry to trouble you, but this new version is very unfriendly to me. . . How can I go to Game played from the home page? I don't find the way for this subforum. Thanks in advance.

You scroll down. If you want to bookmark it you can get the link address by right clicking on the name "Games Played". The most recent game played is always linked in the "Villa" section.