New site technical issues (please read first post)

limpid

Question

The new site has been running for a week now. I'm going to lock the other threads in this forum and try to get a fresh view of any technical issues.

Please post any technical issues in this topic. If you have an "How do I?" question, please do not post it in this thread. check the other unlocked threads in this forum and start a new one if yours has not been asked / answered. This thread is to report issues like not being able to post, problems with PMs and similar.

Before reporting a fault, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and preferably test using another browser.

I'll keep this first post updated with any issues.

Outstanding

• tables

Resolved

• Old PMs. You can access old PMs at http://old.villatalk.net until the weekend of th 20th October.
  • Donations system
  • Recent posts block on right side of board index.
  • Blogs
  • Chat room for matchdays
  • Dark theme for desktop
  • Roll up the huge forum list into something more manageable (you can hover over the claret bar and click the "-" to hide them).

If you click the dot / star it takes you to the latest unread post every time. Clicking the title takes you to the first post. That's how it works. I don't think I understand the problem. This is the same as the old site (except it was an arrow and it didn't work very well).

You will always go to the first post if you click the title of the topic. You will always go to the first unread post if you click the little dot/star. The "hover text" also tells you this.

Think there's been a misunderstanding.

I was referring to the list of most recent topics as shown on the home page. i.e. the Block on the right hand side of the screen where there is no dot or star to click on.

That, and the most recent posts listed against the forum names, as shown on the home page.

Not a fault, but as this is the only open thread in here, I suppose it goes here. We're still not back to the amount of emoticons we had in the old VT. :suspect: :oops: to name two.

Is there any way I, as a moderator, could take on the task of completing this rather than bugging admin with it?

Is there a way to stop the forum from merging two consecutive posts from the same member? I made 2 that were unrelated to each other and I didn't want them merged.

Quote yourself and remove the quote. Just guessing mind

Not a fault, but as this is the only open thread in here, I suppose it goes here. We're still not back to the amount of emoticons we had in the old VT. :suspect: :oops: to name two.

Is there any way I, as a moderator, could take on the task of completing this rather than bugging admin with it?

Is there a problem opening new threads?

If you pull together a list of all the ones you want, I'll add them in one go, but please put them in a new thread.

...wait until the timer runs out. Not actually worked out what the time interval is though

5 minutes.

Is there a problem opening new threads?

If you pull together a list of all the ones you want, I'll add them in one go, but please put them in a new thread.

5 minutes.

Nope, I just thought that the locking of the 'new look VT' thread meant we didn't want a 'new look VT'-esque thread. As distinct from locking the issues thread so as to get a clear picture of still-outstanding issues. I thought it might come across a bit cheeky to open a thread identical to one you've only just locked see.

Nope, I just thought that the locking of the 'new look VT' thread meant we didn't want a 'new look VT'-esque thread. As distinct from locking the issues thread so as to get a clear picture of still-outstanding issues. I thought it might come across a bit cheeky to open a thread identical to one you've only just locked see.

I think I explained that in the first post in this topic :)

Donations system is now working as confirmed by choffer.

When using the site on an iPhone Q.

Even when clicking the little star/dot I'm taken to the first post of each thread.

Is this because it doesn't know I've read the threads pre update?

Cycling through hundreds of pages could get tedious.

Cheers.

Yes on my iphone it did this the first time I read a topic on the new site, though it now takes me to the last read post and that is no matter what device I last read the topic on.

Yes on my iphone it did this the first time I read a topic on the new site, though it now takes me to the last read post and that is no matter what device I last read the topic on.

I too have this problem. If it is a thread that I have read on the iphone before it will go to the end of the thread, but if it is one that hasn't been read on that device before it goes to the very beginning irrelevant whether I click on star, dot, title etc. On Iphone there is no option to go to last thread page and therefore you have to scroll through every page (this can be very tedious if there are a lot of pages or it is a very old thread...)

First time it's happened but my Firefox Plug In container spiked up to 1,768,792 K when i browsed a thread earlier (usually runs at around 32,000k) and hung the browser for a while , before coming back to life

could just be a one off but I'll keep you posted