Holocaust Pics (disturbing)

rjw63

Those videos are about as terrible as you get. Who needs horror movies when real life is way worse.

Very difficult not to justify executing every single one of those soldiers if you had the choice.

I wouldn't have a problem shooting the people that did that.

I can imagine quite a few Russian soldiers weren't too kind to nazi soldiers after they came across the death camps

Could the unprecedented duration of peace WITHIN the EU after a history of ever more horrific wars be the reason why they / we have just been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (for all the faults with the Nobel platform)?

chrisp - i think that's part of the reasoning the nobel panel gave. And it is a reminder of where Europe has come from, which is pretty timely amid those voices demanding disintegration of the project. ( not that I don't think there are flaws worth correcting, but that's another thread I suppose )

but our capacity for destruction is unending.

The Khmer Rouge used to do that as well. Using sharpened bamboo canes as opposed to bayonets :-(

This was a very popular thing to do among the vikings aswell as soon as they had raided a village..

In one group of vikings there was one man who refused to do this,and he was bullied and frozen out by the other vikings for being to sensetive.

But this was 1000 years ago so you may think that the human has learned something since then,sadly it seems not.

A much I think you should always now compassion some people cannot be saved. Hence why child murderers and the like should just be removed altogether.

I always wonder what would have happened if hitler had targeted murderes rapists an paedos rather than on a racial basis. Would people have viewed it any different to what we do now?

The Japanese still deny the rape of Nanking ever happened

I've read a few books on the subject but of course they are mainly from the Chinese point of view ... The books talk about japanese soldiers throwing babies in the air and bayoneting them ... There is a part of you that hopes this is just an embellishment of events and that mankind isn't capable of such acts ... However we also know that indeed they are

I read a first hand account of a Salvadoran peasant woman who returned home after a day of traveling to find her family all seated at the dinner table with their decapitated heads on their plates. Courtesy of the Death Squads and Ronald Reagan.

I did the killing fields and the school come prison on my birthday one year ... not the most fun thing I've ever done on a birthday , but certainly one of the more enlightening

The strange thing with the KR is none of then stood trial and a lot of the leaders are still living a normal life in Cambodia with no fear of reprisals !!

Pol Pot's right hand man was arrested and sentenced last year, along with a handful of others, but they're all old men now.

Pol Pot's right hand man was arrested and sentenced last year, along with a handful of others, but they're all old men now.

ahhhh , I hadn't heard that , just looked it up on google ..it seems they are having problems with judges quitting and rumours of political influence for a few other offenders .. seems the defence they are putting forward is "they had been ordered by their supervisors and that it was therefore a party policy and sanctioned by official documents."

The Japanese still deny the rape of Nanking ever happened

To be fair, (I think) most of them acknowledge that it happened, they just don't agree on the scale of the atrocity. I'm sure there's also a small group of them who see the whole travesty from the Chinese perspective.

Â