Charlie Austin (Burnley)

Villan4Life

http://www1.skysport...-Charlie-Austin

Sky Sports understands several Premier League clubs are chasing Burnley hot-shot Charlie Austin.

Austin is currently the top scorer in the country after netting 15 goals in 12 games for Burnley.spacer.gif

The 23-year-old's outstanding start to the season has not gone unnoticed by clubs higher up the football pyramid.

The former Swindon man has established himself as one of the best strikers outside the Premier League with his goalscoring exploits for Swindon and Burnley over the last couple of years.

Newcastle and Aston Villaspacer.gif are both thought to be keeping tabs on Austin's situation as they weigh up moves for the striker when the January transfer window reopens.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is thought to be a long-term admirer of Austin having watched him in action on several occasions, while Villa chief Paul Lambert could be in the marker for striking reinforcements as doubts continue to surround the future of Darren Bent.spacer.gif

Edited by bickster
Edited Title for tagging, it's the new way!

I know he has been a machine in the lower leagues but I haven't seen the guy play so I've no idea whether he could do it at a higher level. In Lambert we Trust but I do genuinely think (and have insinuated as much every now and again) that Darren Bent's future here is probably not stable.

Do not understand the negativity in this thread towards this when I'd imagine the "no thanks"-ers have never seen him play. The bloke is a machine and has been for a while now. As Rickie Lambert has proven to a degree, poachers will net at any level and Austin is exactly that.

Only problem is that I suspect Burnley would want a Jordan Rhodes-esque fee if not higher which would make a deal unlikely. The last position we should be trying to strengthen really is up front.

Signing him, yes please.

Replacing Bent with him, shit no.

If we sell Bent, which is looking sadly more and more likely, then we need someone of equal proven ability or we're ****. We're already struggling for goals due to a young inexperienced team - to replace our only proven goalscorer with more 'potential' is suicidal.

Daily Mail also running with the Austin story but have also thrown in a young Russian striker!

Aston Villa are showing interest in Burnley striker Charlie Austin.

The 23-year-old has scored 15 goals in 12 games and has also been watched by Newcastle and Reading.

Villa are also monitoring Dynamo Moscow’s 21-year-old Russia international forward Aleksandr Kokorin who is ready to leave in January.

Another young and hungry player that wants to play in the premier league. Its about time Lambert started looking at people who can play in the premiership instead of those who want to. There is a massive difference

Replace:

Barry with Delph,

Young with NZogbia,

Milner with Ireland

Downing with Holman

and now Bent with this Guy and people are still discussing why we are rubbish now and where the problem is?

+1. We used to be a half decent side with some good players, now we are a poor side with no good players. Not exactly rocket science. If Lambert wants to replace Bent with this guy or some other striker thats fine he's the manager and he should decide who to buy. However if his signings don't come good then we are going to be in trouble as we don't have established experienced players that we can rely on. (IMO).

my stepdad is a fan of swindon so i have followed them for a few years myself now. the few times i saw them play i thought he stood out from the rest, but i would never consider him for villa, just simply did not look premier league class. he may have come on leaps and bounds since moving to burnley, but championship looked like his level to me at the time. i would definately call him a poormans Bent at best

i thought he was great at Swindon and i've got a soft spot for him but not enough to want him here.

Â