• Albrighton
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Gabby
    • Bent (sub)
    • N'zogbia (sub)
    • Bannan (sub)

we were shit, i only saw the second half but from what i saw

guzan made a couple good saves but was no where near either of their shots for the goals

bennet didnt do anything coming forwards

vlaar did ok

clarke was wasteful with the ball and drifted

holman didnt do anything

gabby? im guessing he played? seriously i dont know if he did, if he did he was never mentioned and did litereally **** all so maybe he didnt play?

i saw benteke was playing although he won not 1 header and did nothing

delph, did little before being taken off

keo did nothing gave the ball away each time he had it disapointing

albrighton didnt see him as i tuned in about 5 minutes before he was taken off, he never touched the ball

dont know who else was supposed to be on the pitch, they did **** all apart from give the ball away and leave great big open spaces for spurz to literally just walk through

subs

bent didnt touch the ball - should have started

nzogbia each and every **** time this idiot gets the ball he homes in on the largest crowd of opposition players and then just walks up to them gives them the ball and then stands there like a twunt

banan did nothing of note apart from his normal hollywood 90 yard air passes to the sidelines

i only saw second half but it was the exact same weak pss poor standrd i saw against southampton

it is not good enough, put 5 in the middle until we have a decent strong midfield because we are getting walked through every week

if our forwards were scoring then the 2 up front would work better as the opponents would be holding back to stop it, we arent and dont look like scoring so they dont need to worry about the 2nd forward

sort it out lambo

I'm sorry but WHAT???

Guzan had no chance with either goal... The first a deflection which took the ball into a totally different direction from its original path and the second was a good finish which he had no chance of getting to. He made a string of really good if not world class saves to keep us in the game until the deflected goal so i dont understand how anyone can criticise brad on this performance - HE WAS IMMENSE

in case you didnt know bennet is a defender, his job is to DEFEND. Not to mention that he has come from a lower division, is very young, and has little Premier League experience. baring that in mind his was excellent today.

Vlaar did ok? c'mon were you even watching? If it wasnt for vlaar we'd have conceeded double figures today, the man was immense

clarke wasteful? yeah that one i can agree with - but we havent anyone else who can play centre back who knows how to pass or defend so until januray we're stuck with him

holman didnt do anything - again were you watching? he's the only player in the entire team who bothers his arse to close don and make himself a nuisance in misdfield. without him ni the side our midfield would be an ever bigger joke than it already is

gabby - probably our only real creative force today when given the passes to feet in a little space made their defenders worry and work very hard. If our midfield were able to pass better he'd be doing better but a striker cant cause problems if the midfield is only capable of giving the ball away

benteke... well he was wasteful. shockingly so... i think i could have scored with that header today, not to mention the other great chance he had inside the 6 yard box. i understand why he's playing ahead of bent - because he actually puts in some effort when the team doesnt have the ball, but the lad hasnt a notion how to score a goal...

delph was a funny one... made a nuisance of himself but was a little reckless. But it says a lot that we completely fell to peices after he left the pitch

not sure who keo is i assume you mean KEA? and i'd say he was our best midfielder today, both the highest pass completion percentage and higherst tackling success rate in our starting line up today

albrighton was awful, wastful and lacked an guile at all - i'd love to see johnson given a chance in the first team as he is a winger than has skill, pace and trickery all of which albie has little of

banna played well considering he was employed at left fullback...

No doubts Lambert got the line up wrong today.

Looking forward to getting Dunne back in place of Clark. Also, N'Zogbia and Bent should be starting.

Worrying times but I believe that Lambert will put it right.

dunne who was our biggest liability in defence last season?

Dunne who cant pass the ball more than 2 yards without giving it away?

dunne who cant even outpace jan molby?

That richard dunne?

the man is a has been of the highest order and has no place on a football pitch at any level

not to say we have nayone better, but al least clarke tries

It is 20-30 minutes spells that are costing us (Everton, Sunderland and Spurs), that is down mainly to the lack of experience in the team yes we will get better but the season is getting on and we have some hard games coming up

For 50 minutes we matched a Spurs side who won at Man Utd last week but one miss chance and one defensive mkistake and we go 1-0 down.

again a dangerous mixture of youth, inexperience and players who aren't Prem quality is going to take us to the brink of relegation again, we may have improved in terms of attitude and work rate, but only low expectations from our season from hell under McCleish is fooling people into thing we are any good.

Yes I accept there is some promise there but I can just see us going through an endless cycle of 'one thing fixed another breaks' unless we get an extreme change of luck.

No matter how good spurs are or think they are, going into a game against them and fully expecting to lose really grates.

I thought Villa more than held their own. It seems I'm in the minority but there was a certain solidity to the first half performance that affirmed to me that this club is no chance of going down. The quality for the top half is lacking but there's a good foundation being formed. Won't bother with ratings. Everyone was about a six except for Vlaar and Bennett. Benteke's shocking headed miss was a blight on an otherwise pretty good game.

For 50 minutes we matched a Spurs side who won at Man Utd last week but one miss chance and one defensive mkistake and we go 1-0 down.

I feel the same happened against WBA (although we got a draw from that). First half we dictated the pace and had the better chances....

... but didn't convert them and it cost us. Benteke's 2 missed chances at the beginning of the 2nd half was the turning point.

The vast majority of people on here said that they accepted that it would be another transitional year and that it would take time to forge a side and start getting things right.

The area in which we look weakest at the moment is at FB, for me. Bennett in particular needs a lot of work on the defensive side of his game because he's not making good decisions and his positioning is definitely out of whack at the moment - he and Lowton had a very difficult time of it yesterday against their wingers, who are some of the toughest in the league to deal with due to their pace.

Vlaar was easily MoTM for me - he was top quality and bailed us out on many occasions.

Beneteke was a lot better this game than against West Brom - his touch, passing and shooting were a lot better this time round. He really should've scored at least one, though. Definitely a lot of potential there; frankly insulting that some people compare him to Heskey.

Nope, villa throw

No action taken against Bale for the theatrics

Cheating prick monkey lookalike.

referee is just as bad for doing **** all

I'm sorry but WHAT???

Guzan had no chance with either goal... The first a deflection which took the ball into a totally different direction from its original path and the second was a good finish which he had no chance of getting to. He made a string of really good if not world class saves to keep us in the game until the deflected goal so i dont understand how anyone can criticise brad on this performance - HE WAS IMMENSE

in case you didnt know bennet is a defender, his job is to DEFEND. Not to mention that he has come from a lower division, is very young, and has little Premier League experience. baring that in mind his was excellent today.

Vlaar did ok? c'mon were you even watching? If it wasnt for vlaar we'd have conceeded double figures today, the man was immense

clarke wasteful? yeah that one i can agree with - but we havent anyone else who can play centre back who knows how to pass or defend so until januray we're stuck with him

holman didnt do anything - again were you watching? he's the only player in the entire team who bothers his arse to close don and make himself a nuisance in misdfield. without him ni the side our midfield would be an ever bigger joke than it already is

gabby - probably our only real creative force today when given the passes to feet in a little space made their defenders worry and work very hard. If our midfield were able to pass better he'd be doing better but a striker cant cause problems if the midfield is only capable of giving the ball away

benteke... well he was wasteful. shockingly so... i think i could have scored with that header today, not to mention the other great chance he had inside the 6 yard box. i understand why he's playing ahead of bent - because he actually puts in some effort when the team doesnt have the ball, but the lad hasnt a notion how to score a goal...

delph was a funny one... made a nuisance of himself but was a little reckless. But it says a lot that we completely fell to peices after he left the pitch

not sure who keo is i assume you mean KEA? and i'd say he was our best midfielder today, both the highest pass completion percentage and higherst tackling success rate in our starting line up today

albrighton was awful, wastful and lacked an guile at all - i'd love to see johnson given a chance in the first team as he is a winger than has skill, pace and trickery all of which albie has little of

banna played well considering he was employed at left fullback...

dunne who was our biggest liability in defence last season?

Dunne who cant pass the ball more than 2 yards without giving it away?

dunne who cant even outpace jan molby?

That richard dunne?

the man is a has been of the highest order and has no place on a football pitch at any level

not to say we have nayone better, but al least clarke tries

i guess you didnt actually READ my post?

i will make it a little easier for you I ONLY SAW MOST OF THE SECOND HALF

so saying you dont thin i saw the game is a bit of a stupid statement really.

guzan was stood rooted to the spot for both goals, 1 was a deflection but he still didnt move

i guess you also dont bother reading any of the player interviews, like the one where bennet claims his biggest strength is going forwards and attacking?

thought not.

i also can only comment on what i saw, which didnt include benteke missing some chances or holman doing anything or gabby doing anything, which is why i said it.

there is not much point looking great for 45 minutes and it still being 0-0 but then turning to shit in the second half and losing comfortably

kea the best midfielder for us on the day? as i say i only saw the last 40 minutes of the game and he was shit, continually giving the ball away, mind you, he may have been the best of the midfield because i didnt see anything from any of the others at all, at least he got the ball to give it away

i lie.. i saw nzog get the ball 4 or 5 times on one side of the pitch walk up to a crowd of spurz players on the other side of th pitch, gently nudge the ball to them and then stand still with his hands on his hips while they then moved forwards with the ball freshly given to them.

guzan was stood rooted to the spot for both goals, 1 was a deflection but he still didnt move

This is such a bullshit comment. If the ball's past him already, what the **** is the point in diving exactly? Just because he's nowhere near their goals doesn't means it's his fault or he could've done something about them, does it?

This is such a bullshit comment. If the ball's past him already, what the **** is the point in diving exactly? Just because he's nowhere near their goals doesn't means it's his fault or he could've done something about them, does it?

As someone who has played in goal, he isn't getting anywhere near either of them, Guzan didn't have much to do apart from them two shots though, apart from the last half an hour we were okay and should have been 1-0 up. We are away at Spurs, its a hard game.

To be fair Brummy bloke, you said you didn't even notice if Gabby was playing or not. That doesn't exactly suggest you watched the game very closely...

if you would care to share anything he did from around the 52rd minute onwards whcih constitues good play then im all ears, as i said it is from around that time that i started watching the game.

if he didnt then you cant have been reading my post very carefully.

maybe looking at some of the match again may refresh peoples memories including guzan being motionless, he didnt need to dive, he just needed to move his right arm for the first goal

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/10/07/tottenham-vs-aston-villa-2-0-highlights-2012-lennon-caulker-goals-video/

and oddly from around the 52nd minute onwards i dont see 1 villa attack, yep, not one so where you think i should see gabby playing from i really dont know

As someone who has played in goal, he isn't getting anywhere near either of them, Guzan didn't have much to do apart from them two shots though, apart from the last half an hour we were okay and should have been 1-0 up. We are away at Spurs, its a hard game.
you mean other than the two saves from bale that were tipped onto the post?and the 3 saves from defoe shots that were just inside the post?and the 2 shots from lennon that were heading inside the far post?nah sure he had nothing to do only made 7 saves...
if you would care to share anything he did from around the 52rd minute onwards whcih constitues good play then im all ears, as i said it is from around that time that i started watching the game.if he didnt then you cant have been reading my post very carefully.maybe looking at some of the match again may refresh peoples memories including guzan being motionless, he didnt need to dive, he just needed to move his right arm for the first goalhttp://www.soccer-bl...er-goals-video/and oddly from around the 52nd minute onwards i dont see 1 villa attack, yep, not one so where you think i should see gabby playing from i really dont know
54th minute, gabby crosses from the left to benteke in lots of space, benteke scufffs the shot and lloris makes an easy save.67th minute, gabby chases down a lay out from lloris to caulker amd wins a corner76th minute, gabby chases back to cover for lowton who surged forward and lost possession, beating lennon for pace and shadowing the ball out for a goal kicknah he didnt do anything either...as for guzan not moving for the first goal - the ball was ging wide before it took the deflection so he wouldnt have been even considering diving for it. From it taking a deflection to passing the line is less than .5 seconds which means it was past him before a human being can possible react in that type of situation so him standing still only proves he's human really

you mean other than the two saves from bale that were tipped onto the post?and the 3 saves from defoe shots that were just inside the post?and the 2 shots from lennon that were heading inside the far post?nah sure he had nothing to do only made 7 saves...54th minute, gabby crosses from the left to benteke in lots of space, benteke scufffs the shot and lloris makes an easy save.67th minute, gabby chases down a lay out from lloris to caulker amd wins a corner76th minute, gabby chases back to cover for lowton who surged forward and lost possession, beating lennon for pace and shadowing the ball out for a goal kicknah he didnt do anything either...as for guzan not moving for the first goal - the ball was ging wide before it took the deflection so he wouldnt have been even considering diving for it. From it taking a deflection to passing the line is less than .5 seconds which means it was past him before a human being can possible react in that type of situation so him standing still only proves he's human really

so gabbys great play was

running after a ball, not touching it, just running after it to see it out for a goal kick?

gabby runs and wins a corner

and he crosses the ball once?

thats awesome and great i wish all our forwards would be so involved in the game that there 2 distinctly average things at best and a cross

forgive me for missing such important and standout moments of the game i watched

how many shots did he have?

how may times did he beat his man?

you know, things a forward is meant to be doing?

and guzan? you think all keepers stand motionless when the ball is in the box and dont move until the ball is hit?

come on, no one is THAT ridiculous

Â