Help Needed

wedge

My post obviously got abolished to the history books along with the old forum so here goes again:

Living in Southampton this game obviously registered as one my mate and I could get to being a short (ish) distance away. However, the last train back to So'ton from Swindon leaves before the match finishes. Getting TO Swindon from So'ton is not a problem neither is acquiring tickets as we both have adequate booking histories. If anyone can help drop me a PM, many thanks.

Another south-coaster eh! I'm on the Island below you.

When I moved here I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of Villa fans down here! Don't suppose you're going to Swindon are you?

Is there a local Supporters' Group who might be able to help?

Already enquired with the Southampton Lions Club before I posted on here mate. They unfortunately cannot help on this occasion.

And there are a lot of fans down here. I know more Villa than most other teams.

Yeah it really winds So'ton fans up when I tell them Villa have more fans here than they do!

They hate us a lot. I get the "glory hunter" and "support your home town club" thing from people. It's funny how they don't realise we're not living in the 1500's now and people do settle in other places. (Ok, I wasn't born close to Brum, but relatives were and I have been a fan since the day I was born!)

They are very very bitter. I had a massive clash with a Saints fan on twitter about it, he was obsessing over us talking about the game on our forums (a week after) and then called me obsessed for pointing out our win at Man City. Yeah, ok.

Had to put up with it all my life. Seen them crawl back out of the gutter now

They hate us a lot. I get the "glory hunter" and "support your home town club" thing from people. It's funny how they don't realise we're not living in the 1500's now and people do settle in other places. (Ok, I wasn't born close to Brum, but relatives were and I have been a fan since the day I was born!)

Had to put up with it all my life. Seen them crawl back out of the gutter now

I have this too, I've started to really dislike Southampton F.C. whereas before I moved here I thought I'd grow to like them.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at minicabit.com

They're a website that aggregates long distance taxi companies and shows you who's prepared to accept that trip and at what price. Usually works out at about 2x the rail fare so if there are two of you, you'll most likely be able to do the trip for close to the price of the train between you.

Take a look at minicabit.com

They're a website that aggregates long distance taxi companies and shows you who's prepared to accept that trip and at what price. Usually works out at about 2x the rail fare so if there are two of you, you'll most likely be able to do the trip for close to the price of the train between you.

...and they'll do one way if you get the train there

Â