New Look Vt

villarule123

Question

OH NOES! ITS DIFFERENT TO WHAT I AM USED TO SO THEREFORE I HATE IT! (and in about three days when I get used to it, I'll concede it is actually better)

We appear to have lost the Sherlock smiley though. He needs to return.

Its different, I'll give it that, not sure if I like it yet, not because of fear of change, just not sure I like the theme/layout. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I have noticed my post count has been reduced by about 20 though? Not an issue but a bit odd.

Why has my avatar changed?

All avatars were removed. If you had previously created a http://gravatar.com then that is now used. You can change it by clicking on your username in the top right.

Do members who donate still get the advert free option?

There is a separate topic for this.

Thumbs up from me generally but that's a lengthy main menu page what with all the past matches listed.

Oh and boo for missing avatars. I'll have to go hunting for a new one now.

I'll look into what can be done to "roll-up" the list of forums once things have settled down.

Was this a planned change or a reactionary one to some issues with the old site ?

A bit like our new kit, I don't like this new format.

It involved several weeks of work and planning. I've taken the week off work this week to do the migration.

OH NOES! ITS DIFFERENT TO WHAT I AM USED TO SO THEREFORE I HATE IT! (and in about three days when I get used to it, I'll concede it is actually better)

We appear to have lost the Sherlock smiley though. He needs to return.

I'll do this in minute. Any others?

Will this sort out the site going slow when we score our only goal or two of the month?

I can honestly say I have no idea.

Its different, I'll give it that, not sure if I like it yet, not because of fear of change, just not sure I like the theme/layout. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I have noticed my post count has been reduced by about 20 though? Not an issue but a bit odd.

I think it's joined some posts together if they were made in quick succession.

A few posts went missing last night in the transition.

They didn't. I shut the site down before I extracted the data.

Going to take some time to get used to..

Looks very clean.

No Crylaugh smiley though, the end of the world is coming!

I'll add that smiley shortly.

Has this come at much of a cost? As I was one of those calling for it I feel responsible to make a contribution towards it, even more so than before..

The software costs money and the hosting is more expensive. There's also the vast amounts of my spare time and a week of my holidays.

I've not got the donations part working yet, but all donations will be welcome. Donors will, as ever, be able to remove all the adverts.

Fair play!

This looks loads better!

Good job!

Though I did just try to "like" someones post and got this error...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

It's obviously no biggy, just thought i'd let you know

:)

I've no idea how the "like" system works yet. I'll get to it eventually.