Mobile Access

limpid

Question

Not sure how I feel yet. Nice and clear, but haven't got used to it yet to give a real opinion. Not seeing how to go straight to the last post in a given topic. I've set mine as I like on here to show new posts since my last visit. I clicked on a thread on my iPhone with safari and had to hit next constantly to progress to the latest. I must be missing the easier way.

Not sure how I feel yet. Nice and clear, but haven't got used to it yet to give a real opinion. Not seeing how to go straight to the last post in a given topic. I've set mine as I like on here to show new posts since my last visit. I clicked on a thread on my iPhone with safari and had to hit next constantly to progress to the latest. I must be missing the easier way.

On Chrome on my S3, if you tap the topic it opens at the beginning. If you tap the little ">" to the right of the topic, it opens to the first unread post.

When I try to get onto VT on my Samsung. It still tells me that the site is under maintenance. Any idea why this is

Presumably you were the Guest that reported this a minute ago?

This is a cache problem at your end, the maintenance screen is no longer up, it will clear itself but if you can clear your cache on the phone it may help you but it could also be cached at your ISP for example and then its a waiting game unfortunately

Ok it's the iPhone. Safari. I want to go to page 47 on the KEA thread. I've never been in there, it takes me to page 1, how do I go to the last page without clicking next 47 times?

Is this on the mobile version of the site or the App?

I'll just have to run to the car to get my phone to check.... :mrgreen:

That seems to take me to a generalised app that allows access to messageboards so long as you have something called IP.Board 3.3.2+. It also has some of the worst reviews I have ever read on the iTunes site.

Think I'll sit this one out to see what others make of trying to download & use it. The mobile site is excellent in itself and maybe doesn't need an app - multi-platform access rules these days.

Tried that, just tried it again on several threads. Each time it took me to the last page I had looked at, not the actual last page.

You're not alone on this, I suffer the same problem. If you check a topic on your computer and then visit the same topic on your phone on the mobile browser, it will skip to the last page you viewed when you click(not really a solution, but, you know... you can also do the same thing by choosing the 'Full site' option at the bottom of a page and clicking the last page, although that then may cause you issues with getting back to the mobile site).

This is an issue I've encountered with another site that uses the same mobile site style that VT has moved to, in fairness. I'm glad it's not just me and my phone though!