General Issues

limpid

Question

PM's have not been migrated as they weren't compatible with the new software. I should be able to have the old site available in a few days if you need to recover them.

Avatars haven't been migrated, but if you were using a http://www.gravatar.com it should still work.

Your signature may well need updating. Click the dropdown next to your name in the top right.

[uPDATE] Old PM's are accessible at http://old.villatalk.net. Please pick them up promptly the site won't be there forever.

Edited by admin

Why is the top half of my screen black when I got into a thread?

It's more than likely an issue at your end, not seen that phenomena myself,. Can you post screnshot and which OS & browser you are using if this continues to be a problem for you, hopefully it will sort itself out though

How do you ignore someone? I have one person in mind who's going on that list :D

Posted above just for reference

and advice on quoting multiple posts?

When I want to quote a post that is quoting someone else, it does nay work. It just quotes the last poster

When you use quote it only quotes the actual post not the quoted post within that quote.

If you use multiquote, it collects the quotes from a number of posts and posts them into one reply box. So you click on each individual post you wish to quote. It's a bit long winded but it also makes sense. It'll cut down those enormous posts quoting 15 different posters when the reply only relates to the last comment.

So to recap, you click multiquote on each of the posts you wish to quote, then once you have at least 2 quotes a pop up box appears bottom right, once you have the number of quotes you desire, you click on that box and all the quotes are collected in the reply box for you

It's more than likely an issue at your end, not seen that phenomena myself,. Can you post screnshot and which OS & browser you are using if this continues to be a problem for you, hopefully it will sort itself out though

Test in reference to Gareth's above advice ...

I'm running Chrome on Windows 7 and the black "Post" button doesn't work for me.

Once, I've typed my message, I have to go thorough "More reply options", then post.

When I roll over the quick post button the cursor changes to a hand so seems to know it's an action button, but pressing the mouse does nothing.

Anyone else?

I'm running Chrome on Windows 7 and the black "Post" button doesn't work for me.

Once, I've typed my message, I have to go thorough "More reply options", then post.

When I roll over the quick post button the cursor changes to a hand so seems to know it's an action button, but pressing the mouse does nothing.

Anyone else?

Does it happen in incognito mode?

Test reply.

Interesting.

Works fine in incognito mode, something you've noticed already then? Anything I can change at this end so it works in normal Chrome?

Ooo, like the way that if you post twice and no one gets in before you it merges posts, very swish.

Test reply.

Interesting.

Works fine in incognito mode, something you've noticed already then? Anything I can change at this end so it works in normal Chrome?

Ooo, like the way that if you post twice and no one gets in before you it merges posts, very swish.

Nope, it means it's something in your browser settings which is stopping it. It could be a plugin or an extension, but I suspect if you clear out your cache and cookies it'll probably fix it.

I don't know about other VTers, but I spend 90% of my time on VT at work.

I don't have it open fullscreen, I have my VT window less than a quarter of the size of my computer screen (to keep it hidden from managers etc!)

This new site doesn't look good at all when shrunk down. The topic titles become squashed into the space of 3cm's wide.

Is there a way of fixing this? The old VT site didn't have a problem with this.

I don't know about other VTers, but I spend 90% of my time on VT at work.

I don't have it open fullscreen, I have my VT window less than a quarter of the size of my computer screen (to keep it hidden from managers etc!)

This new site doesn't look good at all when shrunk down. The topic titles become squashed into the space of 3cm's wide.

Is there a way of fixing this? The old VT site didn't have a problem with this.

Switch to the mobile-site down at the "Change theme" option. Works very well in tiny windows

Cheers Tegis, it works that way. Still doesn't look like MY VT though :(

Also, some people's avatars are now over the top of their name!

Oh well, it's better than it was before I switched to mobile version.

Also.. I can't see any 'edit' buttons to edit my post, and I can only click on 'Previous' or 'Next' page of a thread.

I just went into the Joe Bennett thread and read an article that we're about to bid for him from Middlesbrough. :/