Well ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Well ?

• I am a carnivore (omnivore)
    • I am a vegetarian
    • Me, I'm vegan

a moral conscience.

What's that? :P

I wont eat shark on principle because I don't want them wiped out. If it's not in danger of extinction (and it's not human) then I'll have it grilled please.

^^^ Spot on. (as long as it tastes good grilled)

Remember the food chain

ssyi3.jpg

I wont eat shark on principle because I don't want them wiped out. If it's not in danger of extinction (and it's not human) then I'll have it grilled please.

Dog? :o

When in Rome - or Hanoi.

Monkey?

I'd have nothing against eating it, but if it tastes sh1t then I'm not gonna do it just to prove a point. If it's tasty then bring it on with a side of chips.

Monkey?

I'd have nothing against eating it, but if it tastes sh1t then I'm not gonna do it just to prove a point. If it's tasty then bring it on with a side of chips.

Taste issues aside Bri, how far removed is eating an ape to eating a human?

the link is there, so to speak.

When in Rome - or Hanoi.

well indeed. :)

But do you keep pets/have you kept pets?

would you eat them, if they tasted nice?

Well if we start talking DNA then most creatures are within 97% of each other. I see where you're coming from alright, but I still think they're far enough removed not be seen as cannibalism and besides - surely it would be double standards to say 'no' :)

When in Rome - or Hanoi.

well indeed. :)

But do you keep pets/have you kept pets?

would you eat them, if they tasted nice?

I've had dogs all my life (Rob will take that the other way no doubt :)) - I would probably only eat dog in a country where it's seen as acceptable - because I aint preparing it meself !

dogs are amiable and are only irritating when they want to procreat with my leg. Cows on the other had stand there doing sod all, crapping everywhere, but they do give me a good steak.

Generally I have no strict moral line, I dont fancy domesticated pets, or dolphins, but will give most things a bash. back home we ve had cows pigs sheep and even ostriches on the farm, not once have I ever felt I was being cruel to the stupid bastards. Ostriches are so dumb its a mercy killing to be honest.

animals eat other animals. so why cant people also eat animals. i love meat!

That argument doesn't wash with me really. Consensual sex is non existent in the animal world but that doesn't justify it in humans.

The reason it doesn't is due to the higher intelligence levels of humans who have the power of reason which most animals don't have.

Not that I am saying eating meat is wrong, just that the argument you give for doing it is no justification for me.

Â