Midweek Football 1/4 Oct

andykeenan

A challenge system could not work in football. It's common for an incident at one end of the pitch to lead to a goalmouth incident at the other end of the pitch within a few seconds. Coaches would cynically throw a challenge flag as soon as they saw a dangerous break developing.

For example, every coach up and down the land would cynically stop play if they had not 'challenged' all game and the opposition suddenly had a 3 on 2 break after a corner late in the game.

That's why IF it was implemented (I stress IF, as I don't think it should be implemented, I just think if it was this would be the only way it would work) then the punishment for an incorrect challenge would have to be sufficient that people wouldn't haplessly use one

Well, it is now 13 years since Rosenborg beat a German team in Champions League or the Europa league.

Just seems like they just struggle with the Germans. That is the disappointing thing.

Rosenborg also beat Rapid Wien 2-1 away in the last Europa League match, so there was some optimism this time.

Â